Hdmi video upgrade device question.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you are using the add-on to your transmitter. If so, is there a way to capture the video with all the telemetry on the screen. I want to produce a flying video and keep all the overlay info on the recording.

I tried the Shou app it is inadequate.

I use Dashware.

I'm wondering if any of you are using the add-on to your transmitter. If so, is there a way to capture the video with all the telemetry on the screen. I want to produce a flying video and keep all the overlay info on the recording.

I installed it it only provides very basic telemetry info is not like the app screen. If u want to record everything as it is displayed off the tablet screen then u can use the AZ screen recorder app for android. Don't know the app for iOS.

How does this work?

Very well!

Use iTunes or Ifunbox to download the .txt flight logs from your phone/tablet (I think it's easier with android but I don't have one so don't know the method) then use flytrex.com or dji logs.com to upload the .txt file and convert it to a flytrex compatible .csv file.
Download Dashware (it's free) then add you video from the SD card and the .csv file. Add the gauges you want, sync the video with the datastream and compile the video.

Sounds complex but it's not after you've done it a couple of times.

Reactions: fly_it
Very well!

Use iTunes or Ifunbox to download the .txt flight logs from your phone/tablet (I think it's easier with android but I don't have one so don't know the method) then use flytrex.com or dji logs.com to upload the .txt file and convert it to a flytrex compatible .csv file.
Download Dashware (it's free) then add you video from the SD card and the .csv file. Add the gauges you want, sync the video with the datastream and compile the video.

Sounds complex but it's not after you've done it a couple of times.
Oh i see this is not realtime though. Good to know thanks

Are you using an iDevice on your RC? If so, you could try AirPlay which runs on a PC. The PC and the iDevice both have to be running on the same network. AirPlay makes the iDevce think the PC is an AirPlay node. Once set up the iDevice screen gets mirrored onto the AirPlay on the PC. You can then tell AirPlay to record what it is mirroring. Kind of a Rube Goldberg setup but it works.
AirServer - The Most Advanced AirPlay Receiver for Mac and PC.

Oh i see this is not realtime though. Good to know thanks

Actually it is realtime. Your flight log is saved to a file on your P3. It actually has 20 times the data you see on your screen from the GO app.

I think you are looking for the .SRT file which I believe has your screen data only. Dashware uses the .TXT file.

Actually it is realtime. Your flight log is saved to a file on your P3. It actually has 20 times the data you see on your screen from the GO app.

I think you are looking for the .SRT file which I believe has your screen data only. Dashware uses the .TXT file.
Ok i understand but its not a live feed. Very cool though i will give it a try buddy it looks good

Ok i understand but its not a live feed. Very cool though i will give it a try buddy it looks good

It actually takes some learning how to use it. Kind of like learning how to use photoshop. There is some youtube video's though that really help to get you going. Also the same guy in the video's is the same person that owns and runs this website. Dashware Gauges - Index page His name is also Frank and he is without a doubt the master dashware guru.

The output of the hdmi port has basic telemetry, not as detailed as the GO app. Here is what the output of the hdmi board on the controller looks like:
hdmi_out.jpg

Alan

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Apsphoto. This is exactly what I was asking about/looking for. I tried the dashware solution a couple times and it was serious overkill for my needs. This screenshot has all the telemetry I need. Thanks for posting. Ill order the module now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT