Hdmi/ipad getting hot

Reaction score
Hi all
Having just installed the hdmi mod seems to work fine. Flying with my goggles/ ipad/ p3a /dji go app. Suddenly ipad screen comes up with a temperature warning. Immediately landed and turned everything off. Ipad cooled down and works fine. Anyone else had this issue?

Which iPad model did you use? Old iPads can't handle high streaming. Set to minimum transmission rate.

Hi thanks for prompt reply
Use ipad retina model. Latest ios software.
Never any issue until started using the hdmi module with Eachine goggles two. Get the temp warning on ipad. Pad was running a few hours and charging prior to flying. Flew about 10 mins.
Next time will have pad off and cold before flying, hope it makes a difference.

Hi Airman
Thanks for trying to help.
About 24c but the ipad was shaded. It was outside for less than 10 minutes.

Additional thought
It cannot be the hdmi module causing tge ipad to hot up as see other comment under P4 section posted by Msinger. I take the liberty of copying it here,
"
It's the common signal that's received by the RC is divided into two separate streams. USB signals are processed on the app whereas hdmi board processes and converts them for hdmi output and eventual display.

It's known that hdmi signals will have lesser late cues compared to app displays."

Hi quick update on my posting.
Flew again today with ipad/goggles . Ipad at normal temp and no background apps or bluetooth running.
So no problems at all, ipad remained cool during 8 minute flight under go app and using goggles. This guys is the way to fly these birds, no glare issues etc on ipad . Far more instinctive way of flying took off under goggles and returned home to about 20 ft vertical and 20 ft horizontal .With a bit of practice if ones landing ground is obvious , white sheet on ground, feel totally possible to land safely too.
One word. Awesome!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl