HDMI cable length for FPV goggles

cr6

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked already. I've done an extensive search and couldn't find an answer. Just wondering what length HDMI cable everyone is using and/or is most comfortable, when connecting from your goggles to your controller. I'm thinking 3ft should be plenty, but if I get a 6ft cable I have to think that will be too long or will just get in the way?
Your thoughts?
Thanks!

I have a six footer, a bit long for solo and not that much in the way but is great for when you bring friends along for a ride, they can sit and enjoy the view and you are able to move around and follow your bird.

Thanks, I appreciate the input!

I would say 6 foot if your letting friends use the goggles.. and 4 foot if it's only gonna be you..

The extra length is always a good thing tho just cuz you never know in the figure how your setup may change.. also if there is a lot of slack could always just cool it up and zip tie it.. least then you will have the extra length when you need it.

Reactions: cr6
Few more points:

1. Get a good shielded hdmi cable as any leakage created interference with RC signal.

2. These cables are little heavier and exert load on to the hdmi socket on RC and may break it if not protected properly. Use cable ties to ensure there is no tension on to the port directly.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind if and when I go to upgrade to a longer cable. I'm really happy with the short cable that came with my goggles. I took my P4P out well over a mile today with absolutely no break up or interference whatsoever, so I'm really pleased with these SpeXman 02 goggles. [emoji115]

Reactions: Hounddog
Yes I got sic of short hdmi cables,I step up to 3mtr heavy duty hdmi cable,,good if you want to move around,yes as post #5 metion it has a lot of load on the hdmi on module so needs to be secured with the old cable ties especially if using hdmi adapter like myself,,works well no lag or picture break up,,,,gave up on goggles,gone this way now display to tv in car
1541713388015805000298.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic