HD video recepttion weak

Reaction score
I fly a P3P and use an Android tablet along with HeadPlay goggles hooked up to the controller through the HDMI port (dji ade on accessory). My HD video reception/transmission is poor, the range is anywhere from 800 to maybe 1400 feet before it drops to one or zero bars. I'm able to climb in altitude and wait a few seconds before it regains on the tablet. When this happens the pixels shutter, freeze, and leave me hanging. I've tried numerous different settings within my tablet, my DJI Go app channels are set to custom with the lowest transmission. I've tried settings in my tablet that I've learned have helped through this website. Today I even tried an iPad of a fellow pilot that flies a Mavic. My range with the iPad increased a little bit, to about 1700 feet away before the same thing happened again with the iPad. At this point I think I have eliminated that it is not my tablet, as I have also tried my Android cell phone that I do believe is more modern and faster. I'm frustrated to say the least. I've owned this p3p since new, it is a few years old, it does have the latest firmware on it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go app. But losing the video link when I'm really not that far away just hurts. I think the next step I'll take is to reset the Phantom and upload the latest firmware again , and also do so on the remote control if possible . This really sucks. If anybody can give some guidance on potential repairs I would greatly appreciate it.

Do you have the goggles on for these flights? If so, test these without the goggles. You need to eliminate variables first and foremost to determine where the issue lies. You did not say if you were using them or not for the various devices you mentioned.

Do you have the goggles on for these flights? If so, test these without the goggles. You need to eliminate variables first and foremost to determine where the issue lies. You did not say if you were using them or not for the various devices you mentioned.
Same for reception in the goggles as I do get in the tablet. The goggles have been eliminated for testing and the video transmission is still piss poor

I've owned this p3p since new, it is a few years old, it does have the latest firmware on it.
This could be an issue. As you should know, firmware updates are completely optional. Nothing IMO over the past 2 years of updates have contributed anything positive. Not saying that this is the issue, but I will just say that I have been on very old firmware with updated apps for the entire time and have never experienced any issues at all in regard to signal or VT in any form or fashion, and this is with both GO and Litchi, which I primarily fly with. This does not answer your question and I realize that. Wish I could tell you more. You could look at the data files, but not sure how much that would tell you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20