Having a problem.. "signal lost"

So, did you install the latest firmware on your RC and Phantom? I'm confused.
I copied the 4/7 update from dji.com I installed the bin file on the root directory of 3 different sd cards.. Ive installed them in my drone at least 12 times... each and every time it shows no sign of receiving the update.. Nothing writes to the cards indicating failure or success.. Its just the .bin file all by itself..

I copied the 4/7 update from dji.com I installed the bin file on the root directory of 3 different sd cards.. Ive installed them in my drone at least 12 times... each and every time it shows no sign of receiving the update.. Nothing writes to the cards indicating failure or success.. Its just the .bin file all by itself..
It sounds like you missed a step somewhere. Try doing it once more by following these instructions.

Make sure to extract all files before putting them onto the sd card. If you haven't already. Not being a PC guy before I had issues awhile ago with my P3A until I extracted them. Then I was able to get the bird to update

Msinger...If you ever make it to Jacksonville, Im buying you lunch...

I went back and followed the instructions in your link, and the update finally took... Im not sure why it wasn't updating before.. But It looks as if it is now finding the signal...
fixing to go test run it in the back yard..

Reactions: msinger
Make sure to extract all files before putting them onto the sd card. If you haven't already. Not being a PC guy before I had issues awhile ago with my P3A until I extracted them. Then I was able to get the bird to update

I think that was exactly what was wrong.. I was transferring them from my mac to my sd card and they were showing up as a zip file.. once I clicked on the zip it produced the .bin and then I deleted the zip .. plugged it in with just the .bin and now it works... funny thing is .. Im almost positive I attempted the .bin a dozen times before it finally took.. ?? not sure..

Reactions: Msorb
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...

JBJO, looks good!

Yes, my Drone's 'Signal Lost' indication problem is solved! I'm finally able to fly it after updating latest Aircraft firmware which is currently firmware v1.8.80 2016-04-07.

The reason why i didn't it earlier was because i had the 'Firmware updated to latest' Message on DJI APP the whole time. Even like that i updated all Firmwares again!

Just update Aircraft and RC's firmwares. That should be the source of 'Signal Lost' indication problem.

Joshua Carillo, great news! Thank you for the update.

Reactions: Joshua Carillo
JBJO, i wonder if you sorted out your Signal Lost issue!

Yes , Finally.. I was ready to send the darn thing back I was so frustrated.. After carefully following Msingers instructions , I was finally able to get this update to work and now everything is back to normal... Im a happy camper again... Funny thing , I had completed several updates in the past without any hiccups.. This particular one gave me trouble.. Took me darn near 12 times...

Yes , Finally.. I was ready to send the darn thing back I was so frustrated.. After carefully following Msingers instructions , I was finally able to get this update to work and now everything is back to normal... Im a happy camper again... Funny thing , I had completed several updates in the past without any hiccups.. This particular one gave me trouble.. Took me darn near 12 times...

Yeah frustration comes sometimes, but try to stay tuned to Online forums as there should be always someone who is or have been through the same situation so experiences can be shared leading to solved problems!

I'm glad your bird it's ready to fly again with no issues!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.