Having a problem.. "signal lost"

Reaction score
Just out of the blue..I have had no prior issues.. This morning I power up my bird and it does not find the signal.. The app gave me a firmware update status.. So I updated the firmware 1.6.0 and it confirmed update.. But still will not find signal.. it says "signal lost" every time I power up... It again told me firmware needs update : current version unknown new version 1.6.0 .. repeat steps several times and it still will not connect.. I swapped out sd card and power cable as precautionary measures and it made no difference...

Any suggestions ?

Try relinking your remote controller.

Reactions: JBJO
Msinger.. thanks for taking the time to post...
I tried the relink several times and it still does not work..
any other ideas ? Regards, JB

Which Phantom do you own? Which versions of DJI GO and Phantom firmware are you currently using?

Have the exact same problem.tried everything but still no joy.just gave up in the end.and put it back in to its case.

Which Phantom do you own? Which versions of DJI GO and Phantom firmware are you currently using?
I have the pro... Not sure which DJI version, I removed the dii go from my iPad and reinstalled it thinking that would update it.... I attempted to update firmware on the bird with the recent release of the 1.8.80 but Im not sure "it took" .. did absolutly nothing as far as the lights and blinking.. It just powered up as usual..

The RC's and Phantom's firmware are updated separately. With the latest release, they must both be updated concurrently. The RC is updated from the GO app. If you update the RC first (which is OK), it will show "signal lost" until you update the Phantom from the .bin file you download from dji.com.

If you've never updated the copter, read the instructions carefully. Load the .bin file into the root directory of your SD card, re-insert it into the Phantom, then turn it on. It's not done (on my P3P) until the little light on the camera stays solid green, no matter what the other lights and beeps are doing.

I attempted to update firmware on the bird with the recent release of the 1.8.80 but Im not sure "it took"
Check the log on your memory card to see if it took.

Check the log on your memory card to see if it took.
I did...and it just shows the bin file.. it did not add anything to it..
I attempted this 4 other times including 2 times with the older 1.7.0060 version to see if that would make any difference..
each time it did not ad anything to the card.

The RC's and Phantom's firmware are updated separately. With the latest release, they must both be updated concurrently. The RC is updated from the GO app. If you update the RC first (which is OK), it will show "signal lost" until you update the Phantom from the .bin file you download from dji.com.

If you've never updated the copter, read the instructions carefully. Load the .bin file into the root directory of your SD card, re-insert it into the Phantom, then turn it on. It's not done (on my P3P) until the little light on the camera stays solid green, no matter what the other lights and beeps are doing.

I completed all updates.. for some reason it does not seem to be "taking" the most recent update from 4/7/16..

Please post your log here.

No. Copy and paste the entire contents of the TXT log here.

Reactions: hali_pilot
Im not sure how to do that.. I even tried googling it .. Not sure where that that txt file is ..
Im just thinking about returning it.. up until today it has literally been "plug and play" ...

up until today it has literally been "plug and play" ...
Installing the firmware on a P3P is definitely not plug and play. It sounds like you might not have actually installed it on your Phantom. It's easy to do if you follow these instructions exactly.

I am also facing the same Signal lost issue and i've been trying to solve this problem the whole day doing online research.

I've tried everything i could even from people's suggestions online and i don't know what else i could still try.

I am also facing the same Signal lost issue and i've been trying to solve this problem the whole day doing online research.

I've tried everything i could even from people's suggestions online and i don't know what else i could still try.

Did you install the update from 4/7 ?
I think that is where my problem is..
My controller also has been telling me that it updated to 1.6.0 .. Not sure that took place properly either...
I know from reading my comments it sounds as if I dont know what I'm talking about.. but,
Ive been flying these things for a few months now and not had any problems until today..

Reactions: Joshua Carillo
I may have already posted this. Apologies if it's redundant.

I had the same problem this morning after I updated the RC's firmware, until I installed the firmware on the drone from the .bin file on the SD card. After that, everything returned to normal.

The RC and drone's firmware have to be at the current level, each installed separately.

I know from reading my comments it sounds as if I dont know what I'm talking about.. but,
Ive been flying these things for a few months now and not had any problems until today..
So, did you install the latest firmware on your RC and Phantom? I'm confused.

Did you install the update from 4/7 ?
I think that is where my problem is..
My controller also has been telling me that it updated to 1.6.0 .. Not sure that took place properly either...

As i had the message "Latest firmware updated" the whole day on the app, i'm updating the 4/7 aircraft firmware just now... i'll keep you posted after its process!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair