have you ever seen this ?

Reaction score
IMG_4551.PNG

IMG_4550.PNG

This was in the top left were (good to fly) usually is .Height Limited Zone ( GPS ) & Altitude Limit 492ft. ????

I’ve seen that warning on my Mavic Air 2, but I’m not sure if it would be the same on the Phantom. My limit was set at 200 feet.

This was in the top left were (good to fly) usually is .Height Limited Zone ( GPS ) & Altitude Limit 492ft. ????
That's different from the user-configurable limits that you can set.
It's going to be related to aviation and where you were flying ... something like that location being under an airport approach path etc.

I fly at a flying club, but my limit is set at 200 feet because there are skydiving planes that share our airspace. Monday thru Friday we aren’t allowed to fly at our club because of military training.

Setting the upper limit to 492ft is nonsense as it is generally allowed to 400ft.

That is a GEO Zone warning when you fly within the range (5 mi.) of a tower controlled airport in the defined triangular-shaped landing/takeoff zones aligned with the main runway. I see that warning all the time in those areas. It has nothing to do with the controller altitude settings.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Yes, I understand that but sending the message about 490ft limit to the drone which legally must not fly above 400ft is nonsense, or at least hard to understand. Or this is for manned aircrafts not to fly under that limit? But how should that be relevant to the drone?

I did check my controller it was set for 400ft.Were I was flying there are no airports around for 10 miles +
The drone did fly with no problems. I just never seen this message before and I have been flying this P-4
for 5-6 years now.

Thanks to dawgpilot and EaglePrecision I went to DJI Fly safe GEO zone map and saw I was at the end of a flight pathway. I was about 8 to 10
miles from the airport this was just warning me to be careful. I guess I was never in one of these zones before or this is something new that I did not know? Oh well I know now. Thanks everyone

When flying in mountainous areas, having this set at a higher value is a must.
I often fly from the base of hills that may be 1000+ feet high. 400 feet doesn't allow me to fly up ravines to scout hiking trails. I never see anything like this. Only the vocal message saying "Altitude limit reached. "

Can only be Geo-zone pre-set into a recent firmware update given the location for which you are in....and specifically what is going on above your head at different stages of the day (etc).

RoOSTA

Altitude Zones have two height restrictive areas. Part two is 150 meters or 492 ft height restriction.
IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 125

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members