Have all the video problems been fixed?

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a P4p and see the many videos on the 'video' problems. Has this been addressed by DJi?

Have any of the flight issues been fixed?

What's the status on all the bugs or is it just luck of the draw so to speak?

No problems with mine!

Amazon had about a 22% 1 star rating and there were numerous you tube clips of people unhappy with video quality including a weird oscillation, pulsating, and flickering in the image. I just don't know if these issues have been resolved.. last post I found about it was Oct 2017...

DJI's quality consistency on P4P isn't stellar, but it's the best drone value available IMO. If you get a good craft, it will work just fine and amaze you what it can do. There is a chance you might not get a good craft, in which case you need to exchange it for a good one. This is why it's wise to buy from the local source that allows returns or exchanges within 30 days. If you don't buy from a local store, you will need to return to DJI for warranty repair/exchange, which can take 3-4wks, depending on where you live in relation to the DJI repair location. To validate a new P4P craft as good, I have listed some of the reported issues here. Knowing about these potential issues up front will allow you to quickly check out the integrity of your craft and determine if it needs to be exchanged.

Amazon is a good option if the sub seller is an "Authorized DJI reseller", as their exchange policy is quite good.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Amazon had about a 22% 1 star rating and there were numerous you tube clips of people unhappy with video quality including a weird oscillation, pulsating, and flickering in the image. I just don't know if these issues have been resolved.. last post I found about it was Oct 2017...
The only reason to not get at P4P now, would be that we are currently on the end of the P4(x) cycle with P5 probably, but not certainly, around the corner (as in spring).

Video is no problem as long as you do not actively try to force them and follow a few ground rules such as avoid dlog profile (banding galore), stay at ISO 100 if possible, keep close to f5.6, remember to focus at infinity, watch your histogram and, most important, take some test footage to get to know the limitations before you do any important project (as is the guideline for any new photo equipment).

All footage on my youtube channel is captured with p4p if you want some samples of what they can do (captured with two different p4ps with exactly the same quality)

My channel

The only reason to not get at P4P now, would be that we are currently on the end of the P4(x) cycle with P5 probably, but not certainly, around the corner (as in spring).
I would disagree. DJI is known to release their drones with software/firmware issues. If P5 was released today it likely wouldn't have all the issues worked out for 6mos. Customers are typically DJI's best beta testers. That's exactly why I waited until May 2017 to buy my P4P, until most all of the important issues were solved. With my P4P performing excellent over the last 6mos, you won't hear about me buying a P5 upon release. I'll wait until the early adopters in this forum report resolution on all the issues. Then, if the P5 offers something compelling, I would consider a new P5 craft. If you want a good drone in the next couple months, I wouldn't hesitate buying a P4P in anticipation of P5 soon, that's not a good idea IMO. P4P would be a good choice, but it comes with the typical DJI quality risk.

I would disagree. DJI is known to release their drones with software/firmware issues. If P5 was released today it likely wouldn't have all the issues worked out for 6mos. Customers are typically DJI's best beta testers. That's exactly why I waited until May 2017 to buy my P4P, until most all of the important issues were solved. With my P4P performing excellent over the last 6mos, you won't hear about me buying a P5 upon release. I'll wait until the early adopters in this forum report resolution on all the issues. Then, if the P5 offers something compelling, I would consider a new P5 craft.
I will be first in queue for p5 even though my first revision p4p had to go back with numerous issues (the second one was perfect). I see your point ;)

I will be first in queue for p5 even though my first revision p4p had to go back with numerous issues (the second one was perfect). I see your point ;)
Thank you for being an early adopter and reporting the issues.

Funny, I waited to May to buy my P4P, waiting till most of the firmware issues were resolved, yet I had to send mine back to DJI also for a gimbal vibration issue, a hardware issue, right out of the box. Second one was perfect (except for gimbal flips when flying in S mode, fast).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak