Hate to add another crack thread

Is this a detached motor with a reinforcement plate? I'm on the fence and thinking about getting them. All these stories about cracks have me nervous when I fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, it is a totally detached motor from a P3 but there is no reinforcement plate. I found this in a thread here in PhantomPilots but I can't find it again. The OP was ascending to altitude fairly rapidly and the motor broke loose. I'll keep looking for that thread.

I was just wondering why it says it's the stress crack caused by reinforcement plates or the screws

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

does the Inspire suffer the same maladies. Thinkin' I might fly my beloved P3A, and save up for the Inspire. And there are other's designing UAV's that are getting good reviews...
always choices in an open, emerging dynamic market.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
after all this work!!! My shell did not crack where I used epoxy this works excellent!! How ever now new cracks have developed higher up! So I am going to fill entire bottom of arm with epoxy!!I going to try epoxy puddy this time!!! I have replaced over 8 shells now!! I I still use the strong arms just bcoz!lower arm is now filled with epoxy!!!

Last edited:
Eight shells! Whoa, sound like you are cursed.

Epoxy - or most other high-strength bonding agents - really "cure" cracks, if correctly used, because it adds a cohesion and a strengthening layer to the shell. Works even better if we use some kind of fiber, whether it's a carbon or glass mesh or even chopped fibers to add to the resin as a compound. The fibers increase strength by a huge margin and weight less than the resin so less is needed to create a definite fix.

Only a few details are important in my experience: I've fixed a few shells for friends here using these various techniques, but 1) only at an early stage. If the shell is too weak or compromised (already damaged at various points or with big cracks), I'd discard it and get a new one; 2) I covered more area than the immediate cracks, because the forces that cause the cracks on crack-prone shells are part of the design and use (flying) of the P3, so they won't just go away and will "migrate" instead, to other areas and with different vectors and strength.

PS.: Regardless of all this it is always a good idea to reach out for DJI warranty in the first place!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl