Has anyone used Drone Base?

Did the client mission on Monday, and I guess they liked it as we got paid within a couple hours of uploading the files. Thanks for all the help!

You manage to fly a perfect straight line in front of the property with your camera always points towards the property? Man, you're a pro. All mine have been accepted, so no worries but could be better. I'll keep practicing.

I have done 140 pano missions and still no client missions for me.
Started in January, 7 pano missions, 9 Clients Missions and I have refused 5 client missions because I was out of town or because the distance didnt justify the pay. I don't go beyond 40 miles.

Started in January, 7 pano missions, 9 Clients Missions and I have refused 5 client missions because I was out of town or because the distance didnt justify the pay. I don't go beyond 40 miles.

Where are you located?

wow! i have done 9 panos (3 have paid out) and 0 clients. i am just assuming it is the area i am located.

Im East Coast US, not in California. Still pretty busy area, I believe we are 6-12 guys competing for DB in my area.

Yea, no client missions for me. I don't see many doing panos in my area either. I've done most of the commercial one that pop up for kicks, but was hoping this would lead to client jobs. Seems that is not the case.

Dang that's a lot how much do you get for a client mission and are they easy shots?

Dang that's a lot how much do you get for a client mission and are they easy shots?

Clients mission range from $35 to $300 and from just 17 shots of the Cardinal shots at 10ft, 100 ft and the eye view to these plus pano plus the video shots (dolly, trunk left and right, rise-reverse, bird-eye).
Only 2 of my pano mission haven't paid yet, but they were commercial buildings

I am still in the research phase of buying and monetizing on flying a UAV. Have followed this thread closely and checked out DroneBase. This is very reminiscent of when I serviced REO/Repo/Bank Owned real estate. There was always tons of work when you hired on as a sub contractor doing anything from re-keys to yard cuts. The pay was low as you were going through a middle man and the overhead came out of your pocket. To make it worth your while you had to be efficient, group your properties together to minimize travel expenses and be quick yet proficient with your work. It was all about numbers, I made a living knocking out 15 - 20 yard cuts (that's a quick cut and pics to prove work) per day. The pay for these Panos is on par to what I made per yard cut or re-key with the REO's. Upside's I see to the DroneBase business model are low recurring overhead with exception to insurance, panos are quick jobs and can be completed en route to and from work or other travels, for a new UAV operator it gives you a chance to gain experience (not just airtime but commercial/real estate photography experience)as well as building flight hours.

Having worked as a sub contractor servicing real estate in the past I would say this is a decent opportunity to make quick, easy money that can be used to put back into a Drone business and pay for the equipment you already have or buy better. Along with experience and logging flight hours this can help to open doors to bigger jobs. As soon as I settle on which Drone to buy (Leaning heavy toward either a P3P or P4P) and get my 107, DroneBase will definitely be something I am going to take advantage of. If anything, I can use DroneBase to recoup what I spent on purchase of my UAV and to cover the yearly cost of Insurance while working towards better paying jobs.

Reactions: rstekeur
I've been shooting DB Pano missions for awhile and although I agree that you're not going to the pay that you would with a client mission, it's still a good way to practice if you're a rookie pilot who just got their paper Part 107.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's me, I've been flying drones as a hobbyist since the Phantom 3 Advanced first came out. I recently got my Part 107 and joined Drone Base to practice / build my resume flying commercially under 14 CFR Part 107. After reading this thread is evident that no one is going to get rich working for DB, knowing this ahead of time I have 2 expectations:

1 - The experience flying commercial under FAA Part 107, priceless.
2 - The money that I can get doing side work for DB, I will apply it to help pay for the batteries of the drone I will be using.

Last edited:
That's me, I've been flying drones as a hobbyist since the Phantom 3 Advanced first came out. I recently got my Part 107 and joined Drone Base to practice / build my resume flying commercially under 14 CFR Part 107. After reading this thread is evident that no one is going to get rich working for DB, by knowing ahead of time I have 2 expectations:

1 - The experience flying commercial under FAA Part 107, priceless.
2 - The money that I can get while doing side work for DB I will apply it help pay for the batteries of the drone I will be using.

That's the way I look at it. Even if I don't make a lot of money I still have fun doing it. So far it's more than paid for my P3P this year.

I'm near Chicago and none so far

I'm in Chicago too. Been doing panos since January and never got any client missions. I finally emailed DB to ask what was up and he replied they just haven't gotten any in our area. But he also mentioned that they will be coming out with something new for all 107 pilots. I asked for a hint as to what but he couldn't tell.

You can inbox me if you want to compare notes about our area.

Reactions: Jack Matthias
Tomorrow I am going to run my first mission with DB not far from where I live, just about a mile. It has been windy for the last couple of days, for this one I am going to bring the Inspire. It is a bigger drone in comparison to the P4 Pro, however it can handle wind much better due to its larger size. Propellers are larger, and the bigger motors tends to be noisier than the P4 Pro or the Mavic, speaking about being discreet. I do not like attention, specially since I am going to be basically first day on the job, working under part 107.
I have both Litchi and Autopilot, what I am thinking of doing is try to use Litchi first with the Inspire and see how that is going to hold up, earlier in this thread someone mentioned Litchi does not hold very well in windy conditions. If I have problems with Litchi holding up with the winds then I am going to use Autopilot. If it wasn't windy at all, or little windy that would be a no brainer and bring the P4 Pro.

What advises can you provide since this is going to be my first mission with DB ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers