Has anyone tried using an iPad and Android (Galaxy S4)

Reaction score
I have been flying my P3 with no problems using my iPad. However, I would also like to occasionally use my Galaxy S4 phone given it's much smaller size. The large display on the iPad is beautiful but bulky.

I'm not trying to use them at the same time but rather am just wondering if there is any potential problems with installing the Pilot app on both devices and using them interchangeably.

Thanks for your help.

None at all. You just have to sync flights to cloud to see all flights on both devices

Much appreciated. I guess the device (whichever is being used) uploads the various setting in the Pilot app to the P3 during initialization. So, for example, if I have the Pilot app on my iPad set to take video in 4K the P3 camera will shot in 4K. But if I have the camera setting in the S4 Pilot app on 1080, the P3 camera will shoot at 1080.after initialization.
Does this sound right?

No. All settings are saved on the P3 and the pilot app reads these settings when you connect and power up the P3

Maybe your S4 will work. S5 is the lowest on the "supported" list, which is what I been using. I also have an LG G7 7" tab that I so wanted to use but it's a no go. Pilot app loads and updates fine, but it will not "connect" to the drone.

Only just got s6 today i use an ipad no probs but was curious bout the s6
how good is it in use good video etc thanks again

Only just got s6 today i use an ipad no probs but was curious bout the s6
how good is it in use good video etc thanks again
It works really well. Good video and even not bad in the sun. Never had a problem with laggy video. Just recently switched to an ipad air 2 for a bigger screen.

Thanks yeah i got an ipad air 2 its good so it sounds good to able to use both.I like the size of ipad air 2 but like the s6 size to
good to know it works well thanks again

My s4 works fine. The only stutter I get is when turning. You got clear all memory apps, and can speed it up but accessing developers menu, to turn off all animations.

I use iPad mini 3. Works great as long as you aren't in direct sunlight. Need to find a good shield. Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan