Has anyone tried paid courses for the FAA PART 107?

Reaction score
I'm studying for my FAA 107 test and came across two sites
remote pilot 101 and drone pilot ground school.
Has anyone tried these paid sites? I feel like there's a lot of resources online but maybe this might be the fastest way?
Thanks!

I'm studying for my FAA 107 test and came across two sites
remote pilot 101 and drone pilot ground school.
Has anyone tried these paid sites? I feel like there's a lot of resources online but maybe this might be the fastest way?
Thanks!

I actually bought remote pilot 101 and I passed the test. Jason is the instructor and he does a good job getting you ready for the test...it used to be $99, but now is $149. Money well spend

Reactions: PageSide
I second remotepilot101, but as a supplement to self studying the FAA study guide as well. Even though there's redundant studying with that it really helps retention.

I was also able to pick up a surprising amount of knowledge by listening to the "Ask Drone U" and "Commercial Drones FM" podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: R2Drone2
I used remotepilot101 as well. Passed on my first attempt quite easily. Worth the price for sure.

Try Gleim. $54 for all the info you'll ever need. Well organized, with a couple hundred test type questions. If you can't pass it with this course you probably can't pass it. I am a Part 61 pilot with SEL Airplane and Commercial Glider ratings. I am taking the course right now and plan on testing within a couple weeks.
Drones - Gleim Aviation

I used Remote Pilot 101 as well. Good course, but given the fact it's online, it's hard to ask questions, and it's limited to what Jason lectures about. He is very good though. I already have my Commercial Rotorcraft certification, although not current, so that helped to fill in the gaps.

I think there are several good ones out there to choose from, but you'll probably have to supplement any of them with studying on your own. Lots of good study guides avaiable for free.

awesome thanks guys!!! how many hours do you think you spent in total studying before taking the test?

awesome thanks guys!!! how many hours do you think you spent in total studying before taking the test?

I spent an hour here and there over a couple week period and it was fine. You could probably power through it in a weekend if you commit the time.

Reactions: M1shootr
Take the practice tests until you ace them. If you miss questions reread the text. Once you are comfortable with all the questions you are ready. Don't attach a timeline to it.

I started doing some reading this week. Seems like it's going to be a lot to learn. Is the remotepilot101 course reading or videos? I can listen to them over and over during the day. It's like listening to a song until you know all of the words.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I started doing some reading this week. Seems like it's going to be a lot to learn. Is the remotepilot101 course reading or videos? I can listen to them over and over during the day. It's like listening to a song until you know all of the words.

Questionable learning method but go for it. Let us know how you progress. Good luck!

It's videos online. But he uses a lot of visual aids, and I recommend taking notes.

I have the Remote Pilot Test Prep book and a link to the FAA study guide so I'll be combining everything.

I just recently passed my test on the first try, mostly in part from the training at Gold Seal. I'm not much of a reader and the way the lessons are produced...it didn't require as much reading. It was a great interactive experience, and great support with their facebook group. I would highly recommend Gold Seal training at FAA Part 107 Ground School

Reactions: N42742
Look at Gold Seal and you will not need to investigate any more!

It provides material in such a way that accommodates a variety of learning styles.

I don't have a vested interest in the program. I just know education and this is well done.

Having taken the course, I went from zilch knowledge to passing my exam by a great margin, the first time.

Having returned to the program after a couple of months, they have expanded their course to explain new developments and those commonly misunderstood concepts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt, Gold Seal. I did exactly as the course instructed and got a 97. Highly recommended. Good luck to you!

Yes, Gold seal, FAA Part 107 Ground School, great presentations, fantastic testing, and when you have a guestion, real FAA instructors answer the phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic