Has ANYONE got a P4P Plus thats working 100%

Honestly after getting a second one with issues i almost gave up but the guy insisted on trying one more and im glad he did

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Honestly after getting a second one with issues i almost gave up but the guy insisted on trying one more and im glad he did
Even among all the early adopter P4P issues, the video footage that was unaffected by them was so much better than anything the P4 could produce! The real bonus was that the promised 4.3 mile range and 24 minute battery life at 30mph were real, not marketing hype, and required no after market battery and transmitter mods to achieve!:cool:

So far my new p4p is great!.... On the ground that is, lol. Got it all running and set the way I like it. Some things can be confirmed on the ground too, such as a straight forward facing gimbal, no glitchy video feed, etc. Now the weather has to cooperate to fly. Soon!

I would still like to know though if ANYONE has had a P4P Plus that came without problems.[/QUOTE]

Mine has been working fine since the nightmare set up process (controller wouldn't link). Only other glitch is a message every time I turn the controller in it asks me to calibrate the compass in the controller by doing a figure 8 manouvre. Done it about 20 times and it still asks me!?

1 p4p with IOS on mini ipad2 no problems, using litchi almost daily. No problems. I don't use the DJI go app for flying. Have 2 other p4's. For my use I can not see the extra money, Sold one of my p4's when I bought the p4p, with the intention of upgrading to all p4p's. Now that I have one I can't justify the cost for the features for my business. I don't see the extra cost for the battery for just a couple of minutes extra flying time. Just a side note, I like the p4p and if I had only one drone It would be the p4p.

1 p4p with IOS on mini ipad2 no problems, using litchi almost daily. No problems. I don't use the DJI go app for flying. Have 2 other p4's. For my use I can not see the extra money, Sold one of my p4's when I bought the p4p, with the intention of upgrading to all p4p's. Now that I have one I can't justify the cost for the features for my business. I don't see the extra cost for the battery for just a couple of minutes extra flying time. Just a side note, I like the p4p and if I had only one drone It would be the p4p.
Do you shoot continuous video in full 4K at 60fps with the P4P or have you tried it? That's where the video glitches lasting up to 30 consecutive frames (a half a second) still occur averaging about one per minute of recorded video on the latest firmware. Yes, it's only 1/2 a second on average every 60 seconds, but a failure to properly record video of 1% of the time can ruin your video and the shot, as when it will happen is unpredictable, and it is not discernable until later, during editing!

Last edited:
I have a problem with my p4p plus. About facebook live i could not take my voice on the video

As you may have gathered I am sending my P4P Plus back due to numerous problems. I am very disappointed in its performance.

So before I buy another as a replacement I would simply like to know if there actually are good ones out there? Or has the P4P Plus been let down at the design and software stages?

Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

I am particularly interested in P4P Plus owners.

Thanks!
I was flying my P4P Plus the other day and decided to try one of the intelligent flight modes. I tried the "tap fly" mode. The mode executed flawlessly, but when I went to disengage from the mode it would not respond. Even if I hit "stop" on the CrystalSky display or "pause" on the controller I couldn't get it to go back to normal flight mode. I even entered the intelligent flight mode screen and it showed "normal flight mode" in blue but the screen still showed the green "tap fly" arrows and also still showed the "tap fly" icon where the "normal" icon should have been. The video was recording the whole time so I don't know if disengaging the recording would have helped or not?

I was flying my P4P Plus the other day and decided to try one of the intelligent flight modes. I tried the "tap fly" mode. The mode executed flawlessly, but when I went to disengage from the mode it would not respond. Even if I hit "stop" on the CrystalSky display or "pause" on the controller I couldn't get it to go back to normal flight mode. I even entered the intelligent flight mode screen and it showed "normal flight mode" in blue but the screen still showed the green "tap fly" arrows and also still showed the "tap fly" icon where the "normal" icon should have been. The video was recording the whole time so I don't know if disengaging the recording would have helped or not?

You have exactly the same symptoms I had when I sent mine back. Disengaging the recording would not have helped. I went through each option to stop mine. The stop icon. The pause button on the rear. Pulling back on the stick for 4 seconds. Going from P to A with the switch at the rear. In the end I found that the only method that sometimes works was to tap the tapfly button to get into the modes section then tap the 'normal' RC icon.

Now I have my new drone its dead easy compared to the old one. I push stop and it stops! I can get into and out of modes. Soooooo much better than my original one!

Reactions: ChipperRay
You have exactly the same symptoms I had when I sent mine back. Disengaging the recording would not have helped. I went through each option to stop mine. The stop icon. The pause button on the rear. Pulling back on the stick for 4 seconds. Going from P to A with the switch at the rear. In the end I found that the only method that sometimes works was to tap the tapfly button to get into the modes section then tap the 'normal' RC icon.

Now I have my new drone its dead easy compared to the old one. I push stop and it stops! I can get into and out of modes. Soooooo much better than my original one!
Ok, that's what I was afraid of....oh well.

Sorry yes. It sounds very much mine was made at the same time as yours! The difference between the old one, the one with the problems, and this new one is quite marked. I do not have to struggle between different modes. Coming out of modes etc. I could also not get 'Draw' mode to work. I kept getting a failure message. The drone also had a bad habit of heading for trees rather than avoiding them!

I have so much more confidence in my new one than the old. If you want to nip over to England Id be happy to let you have a fly of mine. ;)

Reactions: ChipperRay
Sorry yes. It sounds very much mine was made at the same time as yours! The difference between the old one, the one with the problems, and this new one is quite marked. I do not have to struggle between different modes. Coming out of modes etc. I could also not get 'Draw' mode to work. I kept getting a failure message. The drone also had a bad habit of heading for trees rather than avoiding them!

I have so much more confidence in my new one than the old. If you want to nip over to England Id be happy to let you have a fly of mine. ;)
England is one country I would love to visit...maybe one day!

England is one country I would love to visit...maybe one day!

Certainly is a nice place to live. But like anywhere in the world there are good bits and bad bits. I am lucky enough to live in a nice bit :) Our local church was a monastery in 1171 but was built well before that. I think you would find it hard to get used to the, comparatively, small roads around here. :) A bit greener than Casper, but your place looks a bit warmer and lots to film.

I took this photo last week above my place.

Last edited:
My p4p+ has only has two small issues and both have been sorted without any real issue, yes the wind warning can get annoying, I fly in full screen mode so it avoids that one, then have a IPad Pro connected to keep a eye on things like battery, still it has its niggles but a fantastic bit of kit.

I agree with you. Despite all the niggles it is a fantastic bit of kit. If you think about it cramming all that tech into a small chip/s is bound to have its problems. If only DJI would test more, especially in real life. There seems to be a wide variation of common faults though these seem to be the common ones, most of which are sorted in my new / replacement drone.

Modes Problems using and coming out of and stopping them, just like clipper and I experienced.
Wind warnings When its not really windy, I have even had them indoors.
Compass Keep getting asked to re-calibrate.
Interference Keep being told that something is interfering with the drone, Wifi etc
Maps They seem to download and work fine then suddenly stop working. You can get them back but you have to do all sorts to do that.

Have I missed anything?

Mine working as intended since early february. All the modes, even tried youtube streaming. DJI GO 4 or DroneDeploy. I guess, it's not just my luck..

That is good news. You have an fully up to date drone? No problems with maps etc?
No problems, maps require internet connection to load (unless u preload them at home). I update drone and software every time it asks me to. I'm close to 50 hours flying time with it (and 200+ if you count other DJI's production too)

My p4p+ has only has two small issues and both have been sorted without any real issue, yes the wind warning can get annoying, I fly in full screen mode so it avoids that one, then have a IPad Pro connected to keep a eye on things like battery, still it has its niggles but a fantastic bit of kit.

You can connect an iPad to the p4p plus controller?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl