Has Anyone Found A Replacement Prop Removal Wrench?

Reaction score
I took my P3P out for an early morning photo shoot today, and had one prop stick on after the shoot. I had my tool kit in my case, but could not seem to locate it soon enough, before we had to vacate the grounds in favor of the grass cutting crew.
After I got home I found it in the case - but thought of how bad it would be to lose it.
I can't find on online anywhere.
Had anyone found a replacement/spare ....?
Thanks for any help.

If you know someone with a 3d printer, have a few of them printed..

Reactions: bobomet

bobomet, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a 3D printed wrench.

Reactions: III% Streve
Your answer is above. I'm curious though, how did they come to be so tight you needed the wrench? Was it really hot or something? Mine are always just a light twist on to maybe a few ft-lbs torque and I've had no issues removing them with a few hundred flights under my belt...

Your answer is above. I'm curious though, how did they come to be so tight you needed the wrench? Was it really hot or something? Mine are always just a light twist on to maybe a few ft-lbs torque and I've had no issues removing them with a few hundred flights under my belt...
Ya.. What he said. The wrench is not for installation. Snug install sometimes leads to them being a little tight to remove, but I have never needed my wrench

I give them a good finger tightening when I spin them on before flying. I usually have no problem even with that.
I've flown before in much warmer temperatures, and had little, if any, trouble.
So who knows ..... but I know it can happen or the wrench wouldn't be necessary.

Ya.. What he said. The wrench is not for installation. Snug install sometimes leads to them being a little tight to remove, but I have never needed my wrench
I only finger tighten them going on.
And I can tell you it happens pretty much every day that someone has to use a wrench to loosen one.

I only finger tighten them going on.
And I can tell you it happens pretty much every day that someone has to use a wrench to loosen one.
I dont doubt that at all. And not having a wrench when its needed would be a PITA! I'm of the lucky crowd that has a gorilla grip... I'de strip threads by hand, so no need for a wrench.

Reactions: acherman
Wow. What a pain. Haven't had that prob yet, thank goodness. Usually just jamming the pinky into one of the motor slots and twisting the prop by the tip (max leverage) does the trick (temporarily painfully). But ... after reading this I will make the wrench accessible in my case, just in case ...

Wow. What a pain. Haven't had that prob yet, thank goodness. Usually just jamming the pinky into one of the motor slots and twisting the prop by the tip (max leverage) does the trick (temporarily painfully). But ... after reading this I will make the wrench accessible in my case, just in case ...
With the wrench it moved pretty easily.
But I don't like to force anything mechanical .... on or off --- so the wrench does the trick, quickly and easily.

bobomet, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a 3D printed wrench.
Can you send me a link for the .stl file? The only wrench I found is for the Phantom 2, and my Phantom 2 wrench doesn't fit my Phantom 3.

I think the removal clamps that come with the p3s work much better than the wrench. I believe they are in the kits with the newer motors as well

I am going to use some double tape and some sandpaper to put a small 3/16" wide strip onto the motors to have something to grip onto.

I am going to use some double tape and some sandpaper to put a small 3/16" wide strip onto the motors to have something to grip onto.
That is going to cause an ungodly amount of vibration. The motors are precisely balanced. Adding something to the motor bell is not a good idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl