Has anyone else heard this about Remote ID?

Reaction score
I heard that the FAA may not require Remote ID on flights below 300ft. Saw this on Ken Heron's TNL YouTube broadcast last night. Has anyone else heard this?

Art

I heard that the FAA may not require Remote ID on flights below 300ft. Saw this on Ken Heron's TNL YouTube broadcast last night. Has anyone else heard this?

Art
You heard wrong. No where in the rules is any altitude mentioned, so the FAA doesn't have the authority to arbitrarily set AGL limits. I'm sure many would like that, but it's not going to happen.

You heard wrong. No where in the rules is any altitude mentioned, so the FAA doesn't have the authority to arbitrarily set AGL limits. I'm sure many would like that, but it's not going to happen.
Ummm, yes they did.. 400ft. AGL is the max alt, you can fly a UAV. One of the first rules the FAA established,

Art
Ken is. 🙄 Follow him and you might get in trouble. Jmo

Ummm, yes they did.. 400ft. AGL is the max alt, you can fly a UAV. One of the first rules the FAA established,
We're talking about RID here. And the FAA did not set the 400' limit, that was done by Congress when they wrote the FAA's UAS rules.

Reactions: dirkclod

Art
Also, as far as Ken's information, he tends to jump the gun on some things. I've been on his show as a guest more than once, but he is an entertainer first, and information disseminator second. I like Ken and I like Ryan, I'm friends with both. But they both give bad advice at times.

Also, as far as Ken's information, he tends to jump the gun on some things. I've been on his show as a guest more than once, but he is an entertainer first, and information disseminator second. I like Ken and I like Ryan, I'm friends with both. But they both give bad advice at times.
At times
4555DD62-BAFA-4D80-9F83-33FCAA139C6B.gif

😉

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31