Has anyone crashed and survived unscathed?

That looks a lot like a DJI Phantom...a real lot like it
And that is why DJI has attempted to or has sued them... several times. DJI has nothing to worry about with Autel.
It is no DJI but it is comparable to a P3P with Autels newest firmware. It has an enhanced signal but it is not as good as Lightbridge. Better 4K cam than the Mavic.

And that is why DJI has attempted to or has sued them... several times. DJI has nothing to worry about with Autel.
It is no DJI but it is comparable to a P3P with Autels newest firmware. It has an enhanced signal but it is not as good as Lightbridge. Better 4K cam than the Mavic.
Very cool, price point is nice!

Reactions: Hikaru Sulu
I fractured my spine in an abrupt hard landing in a CH46 years ago. It still bothers me so I guess I wasn't as unscathed as originally thought..

I also flew my P4A sideways (active tracking subject.) into a copse of aspens. Picked it up, and dusted it off and apparently no harm except a couple of scuffed props.

I fractured my spine in an abrupt hard landing in a CH46 years ago. It still bothers me so I guess I wasn't as unscathed as originally thought..

I also flew my P4A sideways (active tracking subject.) into a copse of aspens. Picked it up, and dusted it off and apparently no harm except a couple of scuffed props.
1. Ouch, microdiscectomy did me wonders.
2. Watch out for that ...tree,

Reactions: bad karma
I think I’m starting to like the Autel, been reading up on it.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
1. Ouch, microdiscectomy did me wonders.
2. Watch out for that ...tree,
:D
I'm fused from S1-L3 so no discs left in there, just titanium rods, plates and screws.

The tree crash was totally my fault. I attempted to increase the speed of rotation around the subject and was just too focused on the view in the app.. doh!

It would be good for the industry if Autel can start to give DJI a run for the money.. Competition there would be good for all of us..

And BTW, nice toy you got to play with. You could ruin somebodies whole day with that.:sunglasses:

Reactions: Slickvolt
A couple times. No damage. Last time the battery got knocked out. I ran into brush at low speeds. With a tree in it.

Reactions: Slickvolt
A couple times. No damage. Last time the battery got knocked out. I ran into brush at low speeds. With a tree in it.
I would love to drone in Alaska...you have a week of room for an ugly old fellow droner? Did I mention I was ugly? Old? Grumpy?

I would love to drone in Alaska...you have a week of room for an ugly old fellow droner? Did I mention I was ugly? Old? Grumpy?
Sure why not. I know a lot about ugly, part of the reason I stopped looking in the mirror.

Mirrors and wife seem to go hand and hand. Her mirrors. Wife with mirrors helps support my hobbies. Don't think I want two of them though.

Mirrors and wife seem to go hand and hand. Her mirrors. Wife with mirrors helps support my hobbies. Don't think I want two of them though.
Ya I have one of those too...can be useful, helpful...and a royal pain in the behind...all at the same time. One is definately enough

I’m curious, how many people have managed to crash their drone (such as flying into a tree) and escaped with their drone completely intact and fully operational?

Would love to hear stories!

Yes - watch this -
My DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone survived a head on crash into a power station chimney - caused by loss of signal and linear RTH

I had my Mavic Pro up about 250' when it threw a prop and hurtled straight down at over 60 mph..... into a boxwood bush with no damage! Phew!

Reactions: Rohanm
Clipped a branch at about 20' altitude and luckily landed in the blackberry brambles which act like a giant brillo pad type of cushion. My P4A was reachable with a long stick. My buddy crashed about 30 foot into into brambles and his Mavic Pro sat upside down during 2 days of heavy rain before he could get to it with Machette. After drying out for a few days it flew just fine.

Four crashes. P1 (flying with a GoPro and no FPV - ditched into the sea after throwing a prop. The prop loss was due to me crashing into an old castle. (I suppose technically, that means 5 crashes?)

P2V flew into some trees while attempting to perfect a rotation around a stationary object (me) this was of course in the days before POI. Stayed up the tree overnight in a storm until the wind blew it down the next day. Bowl of rice, reattach the gimbal connector and all was good. Flew it for another year or so.

PV+ straight into a local reservoir immediately after take off due to magnetic interference in (1) rebar and (2) surrounding magnetic rocks.

P3A on a Litchi mission into a tree while out of sight testing a theory. Broken props, but that's about it. The camera gimbal clicked a bit, but attaching it properly onto the motor with the allen key soon fixed it. Still flying it today.

Here are two clips of the P1 and PV+ crashes.

If the Phantom platform evolves I wonder if DJI could do more to make it more robust? We saw rumors of a silver Water Proof Phantom 5 which ended up being a customer build but in my opinion waterproofing a DJI would be a huge win (especially for people like me who live in the Pacific North West. Industrial Applications for Drones are extremely limited between January and the end of June, that is 6 months of mostly rainy weather). I think a lot of folks would be hopeful to have retracting landing gear and a 360 degree gimbal but I imagine most crashes of Inspire models are lethal to the gimbal. It would also be great to be able to bounce off trees like the Mavic Air.

We saw rumors of a silver Water Proof Phantom 5 which ended up being a customer build
If you believed that, I've got some swampland you might be interested in.
Just consider the cost of developing a new camera, lens mount and lenses and ask yourself why a customer would pay for that when an Inspire or a Matrice +SLR would do a better job for a fraction of the cost.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl