Hardware Pc Missing - Best Option to Repair?

wrd

Reaction score
Hi, I've only had the P4P for a couple weeks. On a flight earlier this week, upon landing, I immediately noticed a small piece of hardware on the upper part of the leg (where it joins the body of the drone) missing. It appears that this is a separate piece up on
20171027_122105.jpg
the upper part of all 4 legs. See picture for better idea.

I notified DJI, but had to go through the typical reporting -- no response or any direction yet.

Is there a better option to get this piece and just re-install myself? Should I be concerned about the remaining pieces, possibly just taping them a little? Any concern about continuing to fly the P4P in the meantime, as it seems to still fly and respond well?

Thanks very much!

It's an access cover to the antenna and compass plugs. They come with the legs/compass/antenna spare part, not available separately to buy. DJI may send you some if you ask, otherwise some white electrical tape will cover it up, or buy the leg kit.

From the gap between the leg it looks like you either had a hard landing or there was some force exerted sideways, maybe in transport.

I'm not a P4 owner, but not having that piece won't affect flight. Just looks like an access port cover for something. If DJI doesn't get back to you, I would think some white masking tape over the hole would be fine -- or you could try a piece of something called Cord Mate, which is a hollow plastic tube-like piece that hides cords. It's very light-weight. The tube is split and is flexible, so a nice snug fit of a 1/2" length might fit nicely around that leg. It's cheap enough to experiment with and can be found at most hardware stores. Make sure you try the plastic version. They also sell metal ones. You'll also want to remove the adhesive backing if you decide it works for you.

I'm not a P4 owner, but not having that piece won't affect flight. Just looks like an access port cover for something. If DJI doesn't get back to you, I would think some white masking tape over the hole would be fine -- or you could try a piece of something called Cord Mate, which is a hollow plastic tube-like piece that hides cords. It's very light-weight. The tube is split and is flexible, so a nice snug fit of a 1/2" length might fit nicely around that leg. It's cheap enough to experiment with and can be found at most hardware stores. Make sure you try the plastic version. They also sell metal ones. You'll also want to remove the adhesive backing if you decide it works for you.

Thanks for the info and reply. Will give it a try.

It's an access cover to the antenna and compass plugs. They come with the legs/compass/antenna spare part, not available separately to buy. DJI may send you some if you ask, otherwise some white electrical tape will cover it up, or buy the leg kit.

From the gap between the leg it looks like you either had a hard landing or there was some force exerted sideways, maybe in transport.

Appreciate the your reply -- makes me less concerned. Will figure out something that will work, unless DJI surprises me.

Reactions: PaulSouthport

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.