Hard time removing original camera filter

One thing to remember is that you need the force for turn and not for pressure on the filter. So just dont press it, unscrew it.

You really shouldn't need the wrench. I had the same problem at first but it actually comes off quite easily. The rubber band may be helpful but the key is to twist, not squeeze which only makes it harder as it compresses the threads. It is important to grip only the front edge where there are no threads. Once I figured that out it came off fairly easily.

What is the motor wrench for ???

Thanks skipilot1 I am going to try that, i broke the plastic motor wrench that came with bird trying to get the original filter out. Maybe I am squeezing the ring around the lens too hard creating pressure in the threads.

One thing to remember is that you need the force for turn and not for pressure on the filter. So just dont press it, unscrew it.

Thank you all for your advice, I was finally able to remove the sucker. I wish I had known this before I broke the motor wrench; the trick is not to squeeze hard but to turn instead of pressure. Basically I was squeezing really hard around the ring applying pressure to thread, basically fighting myself. A rubber glove did the trick.

Attachments

• IMG_7421.JPG
    IMG_7421.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 267
Reactions: Fat Daddy
Camera / gimbal is really a delicate part of the system. You can't afford to damage it. Be very gentle on uv lens, use dry hand or latex gloves and try to unscrew it. It may be tight for the first time but have patience, be gentle on it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl