Hard Crash.. What to do with P3P?

Reaction score
Long story short I hit a tree. Broke the camera and the gimbal. Any suggestions what to do? Keep it and fly LOS? Send it in and have then put new gimbal and camera on? Sell it as is and buy a new one?

Anyone know of anyone who has them in stock?

Order new one and keep that for parts. Maybe this time, try it with blade guard and gimbal protector.
Is it a P3P or advance ?
I will buy it off you if the price is right.
That's how I got my last P2, from a friend that crashed.

Should be an easy sale for parts or repair if you want to take that route.
And remember .. trees are your enemy - stay well away from them.

Long story short I hit a tree. Broke the camera and the gimbal. Any suggestions what to do? Keep it and fly LOS? Send it in and have then put new gimbal and camera on? Sell it as is and buy a new one?

Anyone know of anyone who has them in stock?

Third flight out with P3P I just barely cleared a tree. The darn thing is soooo fast.

I decided to get this guy fixed and buy another one. That way I can get awesome footage of agressive flying and have another bird waiting in the wings.

For those interested John @ precision hobbies is getting 15 in this afternoon and he has 4 left to sale.

http://precisionhobbies.net/

I second the suggestion about purchase protection. If you bought it with an American Express and have accidental damage in the first 90 days they may cover it for up to $1,000. It's worth a try.

hummm are you sure UPS didn't do that to it????? cause you know they are actually pretty bad with packages esp ones that arnt packed so well.

most of my cards do $10,000 purchase protection. you better up your credit score, lol. ~820 or more here. Visa Signature, MasterCard World, Amex gives me high limits and better perks than standard... I guess limits over 10k are needed for 10k protection...

Sorry about your crash, my 3rd flight out with the P2 and I got to aggressive and clipped a tree, **** thing fell in a pile of leaves.... I know. I make it a point to fly higher than the trees, or well away from them.

Last edited:
Order new one and keep that for parts. Maybe this time, try it with blade guard and gimbal protector.

What exactly do those gimbal protectors do? How would that keep the gimbal from being hurt in a crash? Forgive my ignorance in the subject...

I would suggest you to buy another and keep as spare.

Do you have photos. I'm interested in what kind of tolerance with the P3 vs P2VP V2/V3 camera gimbal. I know the P2VP V3 has a similar gimbal to the P3. The V2 had a press fit that was held by the magnet.

Did the camera component pop off and shear the flex cable? Or was it a bump and you got a bent gimbal arm that wont move?

I did buy another one. It arrived Tuesday..:D As far as the crash I went for a shoot and forgot my SD card... So we flew back home. I had a driver and I flew in the passenger seat. (Best way to fly!!) So no, there is no video. Although.. this is not my first crash. I have not bent any blades but I have scarred it pretty good and it still flew like new. This last crash shattered the camera lens and broke the gimbal in 2, so yes obviously tore the flex cable in half as well.

I'm a decent pilot but hyper aggressive. Good or bad mix depending on the company. Driving and flying offer some pretty cool opportunities to destroy the P3P. So now I have an aerial camera and when I get my first one back I will have a stunt aerial camera...:eek:

Just an FYI my first crash was after a 4+ mile trip down town and in 20+ mph wind. We started upwind so the wind wasn't a major issue but when the battery got low and I was trying to be fancy and fly the P3P into the passenger side window the low battery kicked in RTH.. I panicked because there was no way it could have made it so I crashed it on purpose to get it down

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31