hard case to check in on airplane

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering what hard case is best to use to check in on an airplane. I was thinking of purchasing the HPRC 2700 hard case, but would like to make certain it will properly protect the Phantom 4 pro+.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Most any hard case is probably tough enough. More to the point, is there a way to lock or secure the latches so they can't pop open?

Most any hard case is probably tough enough. More to the point, is there a way to lock or secure the latches so they can't pop open?
That is a good point. Can you use a lock on any of the hard cases?

I don't have a hard case myself, so I can't say. Maybe others will chime in, but I think a good hard case should at least have a loop you can put a luggage lock through.

You'd also need to consider the battery restrictions, if it was going into the cargo hold

I recently flew with my Phantom 3 Standard and placed the original box inside of a regular suitcase with clothes and was perfectly fine. The foam container that comes with the P4P+ should be adequate inside a spare suitcase if you don't end up finding a proper case for it.

Keep in mind that a seperate drone bag/case will be classed as its own bag by many airlines - make sure you consider your allowance to avoid any surprises at the airport.

Safe travels! [emoji3][emoji106]

My rule of thumb, I never check anything I can't afford to lose and get along without at my destination. I recommend you rethink checking your drone and use a backpack for plane travel and carry on your drone equp. You have to carry on the batteries anyway, you can't check those. With a backpack you'll have an easy way to tote the craft around on your travels, instead of a clunky hard case that weighs twice as much. But, if you insist, Microraptor hard cases have very secure latches and locking holes for TSA locks on each latch corner.

Last edited:
I've traveled with the Pro Craft backpack and it has fit in every overhead so far. It's a good low cost pack. I think it was 100 or less. Holds bird plus 4-5 batteries. You can adjust all the dividers in it to help organize it.Amazon has it.

If I were to go with a backpack, which would you recommend for the P4P+?
Pro craft is a good value at about $100, I have one for my P4, but the Think Tank V2 is the one I like best, about $150 at B&H camera. I have the V1 for my P4P and it's a little smaller than the PRO Craft, which is good because the PRO craft is a taste too big IMO. The TT is more rugged too. The zippers on the TT are WAY better than the PRO craft, and there's plenty of room in the TT for more than what you'll want to carry. The V2 is the same size as V1, just a little lighter and even better materials. I'll be buying the v2 very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevMo Photog
Pro craft is a good value at about $100, I have one for my P4, but the Think Tank V2 is the one I like best, about $150 at B&H camera. I have the V1 for my P4P and it's a little smaller than the PRO Craft, which is good because the PRO craft is a taste too big IMO. The TT is more rugged too. The zippers on the TT are WAY better that the PRO craft, and there's plenty of room in the TT for more than what you'll want to carry. The V2 is the same size as V1, just a little lighter and even better materials. I'll be buying the v2 very soon.
Agree John. My buddy in Salt Lake has the Think Tank pack. It looked more compact and so fluffy to me. My Pro Craft is almost too bulky tbo. Zippers always catching on the other clips on my Pro Craft too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT