Happy with my Snake River Prototyping NDs

Reaction score
Shot this a couple weekends ago with the ND 8 CP. Shot on C log. Color Correction in FCP X.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Bigdz
Cool. Yeah, POL-filters are interesting.

I'm offering one too on my website - that installs inside the DJI UV-filter.

Where is that filmed?

I just received my SRP ND8/CP and ND16/CP today. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow. I hope the sun's out and some forest fire smoke goes away.

I just received my SRP ND8/CP and ND16/CP today. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow. I hope the sun's out and some forest fire smoke goes away.
Im really impressed with these filters so far. The build quality is solid & customer service is great. I have the ND 8 & CP. Let me know how the 16 works out for you if you could.

Im really impressed with these filters so far. The build quality is solid & customer service is great. I have the ND 8 & CP. Let me know how the 16 works out for you if you could.
I only went with the 16 to test... what's the verdict on how much light or type of light to use 8 vs 16

OK, need some criticism from the experts here. Really would appreciate the help. Looking for solid video for real estate and landscape settings aka golf courses. Go easy on me. First few seconds is facing into trees and dark, so fast forward a tad.

Ignore the movement and unedited footage. I never turn or shift that fast, was testing the "motion blur" I was tweaking the settings as I went. First time with new SRP ND CP 16. 4K 3840 @24 fps. I just plugged in the thumb drive and uploaded to youtube with no editing and not sure what it uploaded in terms of resolution?

It was pretty bright with clouds...i didn't have any time to fly anywhere else, but I attempted to find varying levels of light and color in order to see a broad range of effects.

Color - auto.
Manual:
ISO - 100
Shutter - started out dark so I played with it.. 60 and then lower.. Sometimes I experimented. I forgot mid flight the rule of thumb of 2x fps, so I just messed with it. You'll notice I was trying to test the White a lot hence why I shot the truck. I really have had a terrible time with that before. 5:32 you'll see my tweaking to get the white correct. Did the final shot there look good? I assume seeing the ridges and texture is the goal?

Overall, with zero editing, the sky and trees appear very much better than stock auto... Am I missing something? Am I way off? Any recommendations? Thanks to all!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FYI my floating horizon issues, that I had last weekend, went away so far with a good gimbal calibration

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For me, it seems to be lacking detail that I normally see in 4k footage which could be youtube compression or ???. I watched it on youtube at max resolution on a non 4k 22" monitor. I am new to the Phantom but not new to video and I am not a fan of 24p for movement. It would be interesting to shoot the same scene at differing shutter speeds and see if that made a difference. I am jealous of your good horizon as I have been constantly adjusting mine of late.

Reactions: YolevonALLin
For me, it seems to be lacking detail that I normally see in 4k footage which could be youtube compression or ???. I watched it on youtube at max resolution on a non 4k 22" monitor. I am new to the Phantom but not new to video and I am not a fan of 24p for movement. It would be interesting to shoot the same scene at differing shutter speeds and see if that made a difference. I am jealous of your good horizon as I have been constantly adjusting mine of late.
thanks! good feedback on detail. I nornally would upload via a video editing software and insure correct compression.. but if anyone knows anything otherwise, let me know. thanks

Any gimbal issues i.e. unbalanced?
I flew one battery with my ND8/CP this evening. While it makes the camera hang lower (almost straight down) while powered off, the gimbal had no problem with the weight during flight. No issues at all, and no "gimbal motor overlaid" error. I am still considering counterbalancing just for peace of mind.

Shot this early Sunday morning. Low angle on the sun and roving clouds made it difficult to adjust for color correction.

ISO100, 50 SS, LOG, AWB

All in all pretty happy. Ended up grabbing a ND16-CP from Snake River as well. Just can't beat the versatility and ease of use of their products.

Absolutely thrilled wit my nd8/cp filter!

Absolutely thrilled wit my nd8/cp filter!
What software and settings do you use? For the life of me, the H264 compression really destroys my quality

Unfortunately the h.264 compression sucks and really nothing to do about it. You can transcode it into another codec in post production but that will not help noise and other artifacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.