Handy way to discharge p4 battery...

Reaction score
If you have the parallel charge board,

Charged up my batteries today hoping to fly and the weather didn't like my plans, so sat thinking how to discharge the battery.

Had the p4 parallel charge board and 2 barrel dc power plugs, job done you have a 15v power source.
These boards do not have any diodes , so nothing to prevent power flow back to source.
20160522_172547.jpg

Here are my led strip lights running off the battery and and easy way to get them back to 50%
20160522_172603.jpg

Any other ideas for discharging without the aircraft...

An easier option would be to set your batteries to auto discharge in 2 days in the DJI GO app. That'll allow them to auto discharge when they are not used.

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

Reactions: Drone Master
An easier option would be to set your batteries to auto discharge in 2 days in the DJI GO app. That'll allow them to auto discharge when they are not used.
Mine is set to 1 day, but takes ages to get back to 50% and dont want the batts to sitting on full charge for so long.
Also easier to get it to flight safe state quicker

Last edited:
Mine is set to 1 day, but takes ages to get back to 50%
It should only take about 2 days for the auto discharge feature to discharge a full battery down to 65% (where the auto discharge features stops). There is no need to attempt to manually discharge it from 65% down to 50% at that point.

It should only take about 2 days for the auto discharge feature to discharge a full battery down to 65% (where the auto discharge features stops). There is no need to attempt to manually discharge it from 65% down to 50% at that point.

Will give it a try one more time, last time at full charge, never touched the power buttons and was around 80% a week later.

Double check the 2-day setting in DJI GO. It needs to be set for each battery (while the battery is inserted) and it's reset to 10 days when you install new firmware.

Double check the 2-day setting in DJI GO. It needs to be set for each battery (while the battery is inserted) and it's reset to 10 days when you install new firmware.
Yup, its 1day on all 3 batts

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj