Hand Launch

As has been said, use an assistant/visual observer. Both of my VO's have been extensively trained in hand launch and catch. Very useful for beach takeoff/landing and, sometimes, when we have to launch from in a street (don't ask). If you get stuck needing to hand launch because of surroundings, but can't, you can always use your cars mats, to avoid too much blowing sand...

Thanks..
I should be more specific. I'm getting ready or preparing to launch from a boat. Pontoon boat playpen to be specific and there is little room to launch and land. Not an option with unprotected seats in the immediate area, so hand launch/grab would be the only option. The hand grab I'm comfortable with. The launch not so much. So would I hold the drone while moving the stick to launch as I would from the ground, when I feel the drone is pulling I let go? Or as mentioned use auto launch feature?

Thanks..
I should be more specific. I'm getting ready or preparing to launch from a boat. Pontoon boat playpen to be specific and there is little room to launch and land. Not an option with unprotected seats in the immediate area, so hand launch/grab would be the only option. The hand grab I'm comfortable with. The launch not so much. So would I hold the drone while moving the stick to launch as I would from the ground, when I feel the drone is pulling I let go? Or as mentioned use auto launch feature?
The hand launch is easy, as long as you can manage to get the sticks under control while holding the drone. Do not use auto launch, as that depends on the VPS sensors as it ascends. Control it manually and as it starts to pull away, just let go.

So would I hold the drone while moving the stick to launch as I would from the ground
as long as you can manage to get the sticks under control while holding the drone.
Safest to use a good lanyard... one hand holds the quad above your head, the other does the CSC to arm motors. Throttle up and you're off!

If I were to fly from a boat, I'd want a lanyard anyway - just to make sure I didn't trip or otherwise accidentally pitch the RC into the water.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
OK,
So I have read and read and read about how to hand launch my Phantom 4 Pro Plus. Much about hand grab, seems simple enough but no much on the actual step by step to launch from hand.
I find it difficult to hold the drone above my head and pull both sticks downward to launch at the same time.
Is there a "better' way to launch by hand? Am I missing something?
How can I launch from a boat safely? Is there a one button solution on the controller to hand launch?

Thanks..
I tried that once , next time I should start up the props first

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj