Hand launch

What clues?
I have a P3A so the mount for my 9.7" tablet is the same as Inspire except plastic instead of metal. Center of gravity is towards the back where the controls are and the shoulder tether still only has one anchor point on the RC so it all flops over away from me facing outward.
Nothing on the front of the RC to tether to prevent flipping over.
If that rear bottom bar were on the front I might have been able to leverage that somehow tethering to my belt.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think, I THINK, he is suggesting he MAY have some natural "home grown" bodily shape that he grew, specifically to provide support...

The "clues" are the Doritos and French fries.

But I'm just guessing. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Oh! OK!
And I'm a little guy that makes it more of a problem making it fit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I do get what you're saying though... I don't have a LOT of that natural support, and I just recently added an iPad holder to my P3S RC and I don't find it that solid or secure. If I let it go with both hands it's flipping over for sure. It did with my phone.

I'm just not so comfortable with my own experience yet that I'm happy taking my hands off the controls while the bird is taking off or in the air, but I do admit I hand catch.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It just comes down to where you take off and land, how much you want to remember to carry and how you feel about it. I can comfortable hand catch and can land pretty accurately on the ground, so I have landing taken care of.

Never tried to hand launch or really thought about it yet, I guess I would if I had to.

Like most things it is better to practice before you need to do it.
True. Look at my location tho, I'm a long way from needing a boat to get to places to fly and that's about the only reason I can think of to hand launch ;). I'd do it if I had to.

True. Look at my location tho, I'm a long way from needing a boat to get to places to fly and that's about the only reason I can think of to hand launch ;). I'd do it if I had to.

You also might find it useful if you are getting interference due to metal in the ground. You might also wish to launch from your jeep while it is moving for the thrill of it all... :D

Honestly it may be a skill that isn't applicable for your situations, though you still want to have done it before you need it just for a feel for it. Surprises on launch or landing are usually not good.

In another post, someone tried to say to be careful of rebar in the sidewalk when you're calibrating your Compass…

But it came out "rhubarb in the cement…"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Too dangerous - why risk injuring your hand or arm?

I use one of these...

black-mortarboard-hi.png

Reactions: jwmcgrath

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94