h4-3d tilt control wont work

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone had any issues with the tilt control not working on the new Phantom 2 h4-3d package? or anyway i can fix this? everything appears to be hooked up correctly.

Can you desribe what is NOT working for you. For Example, you are doing what on the transmitter and expecting what to happen on the Gimbal. Also, a screen shot of the Gimbal settings page from Naza Assistant would help. And which mode are you in for the gimbal tile. Advanced or Basic?

loganboyd said:
Can you desribe what is NOT working for you. For Example, you are doing what on the transmitter and expecting what to happen on the Gimbal. Also, a screen shot of the Gimbal settings page from Naza Assistant would help. And which mode are you in for the gimbal tile. Advanced or Basic?

Sorry i'm super new to all of this! When I plug it into my GoPro a redlight shows up, so it's hooked up somewhat properly. From what i've looked into, the new controller of the Phantom 2 has a tilt control scroll on the side, whenever I do this, the gimbal does not tilt or adjust itself. It just faces downward. It doesn't do anything when I turn the Phantom on either.

If the red light is on then the GoPro battery is being charged by the Phantom battery. Did you hook up the Gimbal by using the interference board or is the gimbal plugged directly into the cable coming out of the bottom of the Phantom?
You say it does nothing when you turn it on but that the GoPro is facing downward. Is the gimbal stabilized? if you pick up the phantom and tilt it around does the gimbal keep the GoPro steady?
When the Phantom is on and the red light is on is the Gimbal loose? can you tilt and roll the GoPro or does it resist any movement?
Can you check these 3 screens in your Naza Assistant software and see if you notice any differences in settings.
You should see Gimbal Switch ON

Is your transmitter set to Basic or Upgrade?

What's your Gimbal Gain and Limits set to?

Attachments

• Phantom1.PNG
    Phantom1.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 736
  • Phantom2.PNG
    Phantom2.PNG
    83 KB · Views: 745
  • Phantom3.PNG
    Phantom3.PNG
    72.8 KB · Views: 732
loganboyd said:
If the red light is on then the GoPro battery is being charged by the Phantom battery. Did you hook up the Gimbal by using the interference board or is the gimbal plugged directly into the cable coming out of the bottom of the Phantom?
You say it does nothing when you turn it on but that the GoPro is facing downward. Is the gimbal stabilized? if you pick up the phantom and tilt it around does the gimbal keep the GoPro steady?
When the Phantom is on and the red light is on is the Gimbal loose? can you tilt and roll the GoPro or does it resist any movement?
Can you check these 3 screens in your Naza Assistant software and see if you notice any differences in settings.
You should see Gimbal Switch ON

Is your transmitter set to Basic or Upgrade?

What's your Gimbal Gain and Limits set to?

It's plugged into the cable coming out of the Phantom. The gimbal is not stabilized. I'm sorry for being such a newb, i've only had this for 3 days and just NOW downloaded Naza and have no clue what im doing.

Just calibrate your X1 using the DJI Assistant.

0. Read the Manual
1. Turn on TX
2. Turn on Phantom 2 w/ GoPro
3. Connect Phantom 2 w/ GoPro to PC running DJI Assistant Software (after installing all necessary drivers)
4. Go to BASIC --> RC --> Click START buttons (might as well calibrate both)
5. Move your L/R Control Sticks at all extremes (or in a circle) and release.
6. Turn your Tilt Control Wheel fully up and fully down then release.
7. Click Finish.

You have now calibrated your tilt control and your rc. Fine tune it on the Gimbal tab.

8. Read the Manual.

ThePhantom said:
Just calibrate your X1 using the DJI Assistant.

0. Read the Manual
1. Turn on TX
2. Turn on Phantom 2 w/ GoPro
3. Connect Phantom 2 w/ GoPro to PC running DJI Assistant Software (after installing all necessary drivers)
4. Go to BASIC --> RC --> Click START buttons (might as well calibrate both)
5. Move your L/R Control Sticks at all extremes (or in a circle) and release.
6. Turn your Tilt Control Wheel fully up and fully down then release.
7. Click Finish.

You have now calibrated your tilt control and your rc. Fine tune it on the Gimbal tab.

8. Read the Manual.

My computer is picking up that something is plugged in, but even when I spin the joysticks nothing happens on the program :(

Ahhhh!!! I am so dumb!!! I've been watching tutorials all morning and I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. I did however get the gimbal to atleast move a little on previous start up, so I've made progress.

Install the drivers first.

*download it from the DJI Website

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl