H3-3D yaw / orientation issue (h.free / h.trace)

Reaction score
I have a really confusing fault that has appeared on my H3-3D that can only be described as a 'mode' issue but I didn't think modes were possible with the H3 gimbal.

I've used the forum search and couldn't find anything similar to this issue mentioned.

Fault / Issue
When my copter rotates on the yaw axis my H3 gimbal continues to face forwards and does not follow the aircraft nose.

Gimbal previously working correctly
I previously had the gimbal working correctly on an F550 build with the Naza M V2 flight controller. Unfortunately I'm not able to put it back on this build for testing again. It's now on my S900 build with A2 flight controller, I realise this forum is Phantom Pilots but hoping someone has experienced a similar issue with the H3 gimbal.

Assistant applications
There is no setting in the A2 for the H3, also in the gimbal assistant application there is no settings to select the mode for an H3 gimbal. However in the sidebar there is mention of 'fpv mode', 'non orientation-lock mode' and 'orientation-lock mode' also referred to as 'reset', 'h.free' and 'h.trace'. My H3 seems to be stuck in 'h.free non orientation-lock mode' but I didn't think that was even possible with an H3, only Z15 zenmuse gimbals have different modes as far as I was aware.

Compatibility
On the DJI web site and manual etc it does say that the H3-3D is compatible with the A2 flight controller. So this is not expected to be the issue.

Correct axis operation
The H3 gimbal works correctly on the pitch and roll axis. These have been tested both with and without the A2 connected to the H3 GCU. Meaning I have tried the gimbal with the A2 connected with the H3 GCU and the H3 GCU completely out of the loop, it has not been connected in anyway to the A2. These 2 axis still work in both tests.

Changed gimbal and GCU
I've changed the gimbal and GCU separately and tested to see what occurs. The same fault occurs with the yaw axis. I've also tried my gimbal (not the GCU part) plugged into a Phantom a friend had. The same fault still occured with the yaw axis.

Firmware
Firmware on the A2 and the H3 GCU etc is all up to date.

I'm hoping someone has come across this issue before and can offer assistance or there is a simple obvious setting I've missed somewhere.

Thanks for reading.

This is an image of the zenmuse gimbal assistant before connected:

gMMDNZa.jpg

When connected to the H3-3D GCU the only option that appears is TILT. I need to be able to access the other mode options.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4