GTU10 Mobile App

Reaction score
I am testing out my new Garmin GTU10. I really like the aerial view locator on my computer because it allows you to see satellite images of the actual area. This is great for tracking a lost Phantom in rural areas.
However, I don't see an aerial view option on the iPhone app. Just a map showing roads. So if your Phantom is lost in the woods it would show the Phantom somewhere in a large area between rural roads. It doesn't show images of landmarks to precisely locate it. Is there a way to get the aerial satellite images on the iPhone? I am not going to have my laptop with me when I am out flying.

You don't actually need a detailed view....

If you hit 'follow' on the regular app you will end up exactly where the GTU-10 is :)

Hi, I downloaded the app a few days ago, and mine will show me standard, satellite and hybrid views, so i goto sat view and it shows me google maps exactly where my gtu10 is.. on my iphone and ipad..

Ive had the gtu10 in update every 30 seconds on track mode to check if it interfers with the phantom whilst sending out gsm signals and it hasnt twitched once whilst hovering.. So i think its a good tool for sure, small price to pay.

Trouble is, you still need to be within cell range; a major limitation- at least for me.

FrankB said:
Trouble is, you still need to be within cell range; a major limitation- at least for me.

Frank, I have seen some other options pop up on the market but they have a very limited range. You are probably better off with some sort of transponder.

Garmin does have a dog tracker. I don't know what the weight on that thing is but it is probably best not to get the optional training shocker. :p

zx101 said:
does the gtu10 works in other countries like japan?

They are region specific from what I can work out.

...I bought mine in the U.K, to use in the U.K. I've heard of some people buying them in the U.S, because they are cheaper over there....But when they get them home they don't work.

Skylane765 said:
Just use the satellite or hybrid it is on the app. Bottom right corner

The icon in the btm. right corner of my iphone4 is greyed out & doesn't do anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl