Reaction score
Hi pilots, I recently passed the part 107 exam and purchased a Phantom 4 Pro for mapping, orthomosaic image collection.
Looking for more public places to fly in San Diego to practice. I have many hours of practice on private property, but it seems many of the public places in San Diego are not available for flying either because of airspace restrictions or local ordinances.
Any help finding new places to fly would be very much appreciated!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: FlyAlongside
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio, Enjoy that P4P, Fly safe and have fun!

Do a search on this forum for "San Diego" should give you some ideas
Thanks, I have done that already and seems like there are others in the same boat who are looking for other solid places to fly. There are also some who are flying in areas that are obviously active airspace as shown on the sectional chart/airmap, others who are flying in parks where prohibited, and some flying in places that I have found conflicting information on the web.

I adjust for time of day to do the beach. From La Jolla to just south of Encinitas Boulevard. I go early, just after sunrise and when its cool. People here have a strong anti-drone bias so I drive somewhere else if I see any people. The RR Tracks through Solana Beach are okay, just stay off NCTD property. They have hundreds of cameras and a fleet of people watching them in Oceanside. Lake Henshaw and the mountains. Ranchita, The Old Bonsall Bridge off SR-76. If you like Trains the dirt lot at the northwest corner of Encinitas Boulevard and (Vulcan St. I think) is a good place to park and launch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20