Greetings from Michigan's Thumb

Reaction score
I just ordered a Phantom 4 Advanced this afternoon and joined this forum so I could learn something from those who have more experience. I've been a fixed wing pilot and instructor for 43 years, with extensive experience in aerial video and photography. I see drones as a way to get those aerial shots that would be very difficult from a conventional aircraft. As an instructor, I'm putting together a ground school course to educate local would-be drone pilots on the things they need to know to fly safely and legally. While I have the book knowledge needed, I have a lot to learn about actually flying a drone and hope my P4A will survive my learning curve. I'm also advising and will help train our local sheriff's department in implementing a high-end drone to support law enforcement and search and rescue. Figured it'd be better to get some experience in a Phantom before trying (crashing) a $20 k+ drone. Wish me luck!

let me be the first......Welcome

Reactions: Oldav8tor
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Oldav8tor
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to PhantomPilots from down here in Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the community! You'll be OK with that P4A just keep it in GPS more learn the controls and as you get better you can expand to ATTI mode and polish your skills. The P4A is a great deal some it comes with the 20MP sensor. You are going to love it and it's a great time of year to get outside on that Thumb and show us some Aerials!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan