Greetings from Illinois

Reaction score
Hi All,

New guy here, I live just west of Chicago and am looking to get into video recording with a drone. After a month or so of research I am thinking that a Phantom 3 Pro is at the right price point / feature set to start out with. I am looking to create finished videos in HD and someday move up to 4K.

I currently use Vegas as my video editing software and have enough horsepower in my editing machine to handle pretty much anything I throw at it.

I would like to eventually find a way to turn this into a money making hobby, but first things first, I need to become proficient at piloting one of these bad boys.

Looking forward to learning from the forum and hopefully one day adding to the knowledge base here.

Regards,
Harry

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to PhantomPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hi Coach56, Welcome to the forum, You will find these guy's know their ....you know what here and good company too.
I live in Rockford, IL and I can't seem to find even one person here that flies any Phantoms and that's a bummer. Where are you exactly?
Take Care and welcome, Remember the only stupid question is the one NOT asked.
SteveP55

Thanks all,

Steve that was one of my Dad's favorite expressions and one I use with my staff all the time.

I am located in Oak Park, first suburb west of the downtown Chicago.

Tomorrow I go to look at a Phantom 3 Pro, with 3 battery's, backpack, and second set of props. Gent is asking $400.00 for it, says he flew it a bunch but has moved on.

I am mainly a photographer with a bit of video editing, and I am hoping that if I work hard at it, in two years this will lead to a nice retirement income.

Again, I appreciate the welcome.

Thanks all,

Steve that was one of my Dad's favorite expressions and one I use with my staff all the time.

I am located in Oak Park, first suburb west of the downtown Chicago.

Tomorrow I go to look at a Phantom 3 Pro, with 3 battery's, backpack, and second set of props. Gent is asking $400.00 for it, says he flew it a bunch but has moved on.

I am mainly a photographer with a bit of video editing, and I am hoping that if I work hard at it, in two years this will lead to a nice retirement income.

Again, I appreciate the welcome.
Hi Coach56,
That sounds like a good price, the only thing I'd worry about is hopefully it has never had any crashes or to hard landings.
But if all seems ok, should be a great deal.
I own a Phantom 3 Advanced , a Phantom 4 and a Mavic Pro Platinum , they are a blast. Watch you tube videos on all the subjects you need to learn, anything your not sure about just ask on this site and you will find your answers.
Welcome Aboard
SteveP55

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj