Greetings from a Newbie OLD timer R/C heli/fixed winger

Reaction score
Hello everyone from a guy that has been dragging his feet for a few years to buy a DJI. I have been flying RC for 30 plus years and as a heli pilot that has had his share of mishaps in tight quarters I was reluctant to invest in one of these. I just wanted to say I see lots of people with very little if any experience get onto these quickly. I am looking forward to joining your group and gaining that experience. Its hard to believe the advances things have come to. Anyway....thanks for allowing me to join up.

-Himark

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Himark
Hello and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

Since you're an "Old Timer" like myself, the new advanced (and insanely easy to fly) aircraft today are going to blow your mind. You don't "fly" the aircraft... you tell it which direction you want it to go and the Flight Controller makes all the changes to make your wish come true LOL. Almost like Point & Click technology.

Safe Flights!
Allen

Welcome ... I also am a long term RC'r .... actually model flying about 55yrs ....

The ease of flight of something like the Phantom is a dual edge sword ...

Its fantastic because near everyone can enjoy the hobby and each gets their thrill.

Its downside is that ability of near everyone to fly it - can generate a false sense of ability and also lead to flying it in totally unsuitable locations / times. I don't expect that from yourself having RC'd already ... but imagine the newbie with no prior .....

Nigel

Greetings, old guy r c’r here too. Started with r c planes in 80’s electric copters in 2002. I can say these things are nothing like what we flew before. Where as flying copters is a constant movement of the sticks correcting RC to just maintain a hover(cost me a few dollars to achieve that lol) these drones hover themselves. After playing with a few “toy” drones and realizing even those were more stable then r c copters led me to buy a phantom. Still fly my planes and copters but my phantom is my go to have fun r c without worrying about checking pitch curves ,throttle curves ,gyro settings before flying from my DX6.
I have less in my phantom p3 s then the cost of my align 450 or 750 minus dx6 controller.
Being old school,like me you will be amazed at where technology has taken the sport

Reactions: N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20