Greeting from Sydney Australia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Greetings from Sydney Australia.

I'm Just about to pull the trigger on a phantom 4 pro v2.0. I caught the drone bug after buying the parrot mambo fpv a few months back and absolutely love it.
Its time to step up and join the big league.

My dilemma is do I buy a pro and use a tablet, buy a pro and get a 5.5 crystal sky monitor or buy the pro plus which includes the screen.

Ive read that crystal sky and pro plus do not support 3rd party apps. I know the pros and cons are of the above set ups but was wondering if anybody have experienced all 3 and what worked best for you.

Im quite new to drone flying and wondering what experieced users would recommend?

Thanks is advance :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

My dilemma is do I buy a pro and use a tablet, buy a pro and get a 5.5 crystal sky monitor or buy the pro plus which includes the screen.
Here are a few videos that'll help you decide if the plus remote controller and/or CrystalSky is a good fit for you:

3rd party apps can be installed on the both the plus remote controller and CrystalSky (as long as Google Play Services is not required). If you're planning on running 3rd party flight apps (alternatives to DJI GO), then it would be easiest to get the normal remote controller and use a tablet.

G'dy Digsy
Welcome to the forum.
Where you from in Sydney?
I was from Ryde then the Central Coast years ago.

G'day, Phil...

I'm from Parramatta...
Do you any good places to fly in western Sydney?
The CASA app tells me im in a no fly zone due to close proximity to a helipad

Cheers

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Here are a few videos that'll help you decide if the plus remote controller and/or CrystalSky is a good fit for you:

3rd party apps can be installed on the both the plus remote controller and CrystalSky (as long as Google Play Services is not required). If you're planning on running 3rd party flight apps (alternatives to DJI GO), then it would be easiest to get the normal remote controller and use a tablet.
Thanks msinger,

ill take a look,

Cheers

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: digsy
Welcome to PhantomPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

G'day, Phil...

I'm from Parramatta...
Do you any good places to fly in western Sydney?
The CASA app tells me im in a no fly zone due to close proximity to a helipad

Cheers

Hi Digsy
I used to know Parramatta well but that was 25yrs ago.
Is Parramatta Park still there?
That would be a great place if it's not too close to the hospital.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20