Cant get into Intelligent Flight mode: and Course and lock home lock

Reaction score
I would very much appreciate any help. Bought a Standard a few days ago. I did play with a cheap drone for about a month before hands.

I have tried every way possible to get into

Intelligent Flight mode: and Course and lock home lock.

Phantom 3 Standard - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI

Read the manuals, searched for three days to resolve this issue.

I want, at first, take videos of the Australian bush and wildlife. I need to get high and follow, safely birds.

and

But I really need course and home lock functions before I feel safe should something happen.

When I take off in P-GPS mode and get above 10 meters I pull the 1 switch towards me to get into the menu and nothing happens. My drone is all green, ready to fly, connect to 8 or 9 GPS satellites.

I am using a Samsung galaxy 8+.

Got the latest app DJI GO App Android: V3.1.5

Can anyone suggest a solution?

What a beautiful machine, a Rolls Royce. Excellent design, materials and so strong. Had more than a few smashes. What a thrill to pilot.

John

The p3 does not have intelligent flight modes I don't believe. Not in the go app anyway. You can get litchi and it has ifm's. Really all you gotta do is click on the map in the corner. Once its up just point the red arrow back at the home point, there is an h on the map. Point the arrow at the h and up right stick will you home every time. You will see it moving towards you on the map. Try it in the simulator. Change the sim to map view and try flying like that.

What about Intelligent Flight mode: and Course? I would love to access that facility if there is one. When it is far off I can't see what position it is in, when trying to get home I could be sending it away.

Sorry you said it does not have intelligent mode. So there is now way I can control it regardless of its orientation? When it is far away I cant see which end is which.
What is litchi and it has ifm's?
Is litchi software (an app) and ifms intelligent flight modes?
Simulator works great, thanks.

@John Gowland
Yes these modes are available in the DJI Go app.
Point of interest
Follow me
Course lock
Home lock.
You must enable the mode first in the Go app settings (mines not available so I can't explain where).
Once enabled, you fly up (can't remember but 10 meters rings a bell) and flip your S1 switch to the bottom position.
At this point a menu becomes available on your device's screen allowing you to choose the mode that you want.

The OP didn't read the answer in the answer given. Might be hopeless - IDK? Does not understand home point being set and navigating using the map. All the IFM "Course Lock" and "Home Lock" are just red herrings.

The P3S indeed has intelligent flight modes. I use point-of-interest (POI) and home/course lock quite a bit. Launch your P3 and fly it about 30 feet away from you (the home point), flip controller S1 switch on the right down. You should see the intelligent flight mode squiggly line logo on the GoApp on left hand side, just under the auto launch icon. Click it and the various modes will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select the mode desired and follow the on-screen instructions. The key is intelligent flight mode is not enabled until the bird is about 30 feet away from you, as neither is RTH. Good luck.

@John Gowland
Yes these modes are available in the DJI Go app.
Point of interest
Follow me
Course lock
Home lock.
You must enable the mode first in the Go app settings (mines not available so I can't explain where).
Once enabled, yo
The P3S indeed has intelligent flight modes. I use point-of-interest (POI) and home/course lock quite a bit. Launch your P3 and fly it about 30 feet away from you (the home point), flip controller S1 switch on the right down. You should see the intelligent flight mode squiggly line logo on the GoApp on left hand side, just under the auto launch icon. Click it and the various modes will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select the mode desired and follow the on-screen instructions. The key is intelligent flight mode is not enabled until the bird is about 30 feet away from you, as neither is RTH. Good luck.

u fly up (can't remember but 10 meters rings a bell) and flip your S1 switch to the bottom position.
At this point a menu becomes available on your device's screen allowing you to choose the mode that you want.

Thanks for all your help. I have tried
"P3 and fly it about 30 feet away from you (the home point), flip controller S1 switch on the right down. You should"
In fact I have tried it about 10 times. It will not give me the option. Yesterday I took it so high I could not hear it and only just see it. When I switched the S1 nothing happened. I have also tried it at head height 30+feet away. I will try an old Samsung G5 and a Galaxy 2 tab later today. Just need to get a mini to mini usb cable, or adapter. (micro B)The SG8+ I am using has a micro type C. That is between the phone and the controller.

My bad, I didn't know. I thought you had to step up to a p3a/p. Sorry for the mid information.

Thanks for all your help. I have tried
"P3 and fly it about 30 feet away from you (the home point), flip controller S1 switch on the right down. You should"
In fact I have tried it about 10 times. It will not give me the option. Yesterday I took it so high I could not hear it and only just see it. When I switched the S1 nothing happened. I have also tried it at head height 30+feet away. I will try an old Samsung G5 and a Galaxy 2 tab later today. Just need to get a mini to mini usb cable, or adapter. (micro B)The SG8+ I am using has a micro type C. That is between the phone and the controller.
Do you have Multiple Flight Mode selected in your Main Controller Settings screen on the app?

Yes took it to 100m high and tried it with Multiple Flight Mode selected on and then off. Nothing happened. At 50 meters, in any direction I can not see if I am looking at its arse or front, this leaves me no option but go home facility. Had to do this four times during a 22 minute flight, just now.
I presume there is a factory reset facility, will try that and other devices when I get the cable. Would rather use a tablet anyway.

Also tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstall software. As has been mentioned I may have to get other software. Looked at
Litchi for DJI Drones. But it is $30 US. I may have to do it.
My dream, as I have mentioned, would love to video wildlife such as water birds and other Australian birds.

Also tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstall software. As has been mentioned I may have to get other software. Looked at
Litchi for DJI Drones. But it is $30 US. I may have to do it.
My dream, as I have mentioned, would love to video wildlife such as water birds and other Australian birds.
I use litchi all the time and it's worth every cent just for the WP missions which you can use for your bird watching etc.
I found this thread dealing with your problem, not sure if it's of any use:
Standard - Multiple Flight Mode switch doesn't show at all

Too late
The dji app is gǒushǐ.

Litchi is very shinny.
Within minutes I had total control of my bird in any orientation.
Me bad! Didnt even read the manual. Guessed the buttons and worked great. One is slow one fast.
CL and HL. Return button is easy as hell.
Love you all.
Now, where are those flocks of birds?
John

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj