Great experience shooting P4P video in NC

Reaction score
Just finished a video shot entirely with our P4P for a sheep/cattle farm in rural North Carolina. The weather cooperated with some nice sunrise mist and the livestock were only a little startled by the noise. Drone worked flawlessly (as usual) and the client was thrilled. All 4K/24p, PolarPro ND filters, slight color correction on just 2 shots in FCPX. It's posted on Vimeo which only shows a 1080 version but I might migrate it to YouTube at some point for all that 4K goodness!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great shots, nice effect with the haze and fog, perfect conditions. My edit style would have taken the last shot of the Rising Meadow Farm sign and put that at the beginning, but shoot the sign video, still, in a hover up close for ~4 seconds, trying to make the video look like a photo, so still, then ascend real fast to about 50' high, then continue with a slight left yaw as you go up to show the lay of the land, hills, from up high. I'm partial to that opening effect, but that's just me. The tractor scene looking straight down would have been my first in that 3pc sequence, then the "from behind" shot, then a front shot, hovering close to the tractor path, letting the tractor drive by the camera, creating a 3pc sequence that builds with each scene change, leaving the best for last in that three scene sequence.

I know I'm picky with shots, composition and sequences, but that would have been my differences, for what it's worth. Please don't think I'm criticizing, I'm not, just offering some food for thought for next time. I really liked the sheep running away in the field, cute little buggers. You did a very nice job flying and capturing with cinematic looking clips, nice work.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Great shots, nice effect with the haze and fog, perfect conditions. My edit style would have taken the last shot of the Rising Meadow Farm sign and put that at the beginning, but shoot the sign video, still, in a hover up close for ~4 seconds, trying to make the video look like a photo, so still, then ascend real fast to about 50' high, then continue with a slight left yaw as you go up to show the lay of the land, hills, from up high. I'm partial to that opening effect, but that's just me. The tractor scene looking straight down would have been my first in that 3pc sequence, then the "from behind" shot, then a front shot, hovering close to the tractor path, letting the tractor drive by the camera, creating a 3pc sequence that builds with each scene change, leaving the best for last in that three scene sequence.

I know I'm picky with shots, composition and sequences, but that would have been my differences, for what it's worth. Please don't think I'm criticizing, I'm not, just offering some food for thought for next time. I really liked the sheep running away in the field, cute little buggers. You did a very nice job flying and capturing with cinematic looking clips, nice work.

No problem at all. Editing is a very subjective art and I'm not offended at all by your thoughts. Even though I've been shooting and editing for about half century now, my strength has always been my cinematography. I only added a drone to my bag of tricks about six months ago. It's fun to have the extra angles, perspectives and moves to play with. Thanks for the comment.

Just finished a video shot entirely with our P4P for a sheep/cattle farm in rural North Carolina. The weather cooperated with some nice sunrise mist and the livestock were only a little startled by the noise. Drone worked flawlessly (as usual) and the client was thrilled. All 4K/24p, PolarPro ND filters, slight color correction on just 2 shots in FCPX. It's posted on Vimeo which only shows a 1080 version but I might migrate it to YouTube at some point for all that 4K goodness!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Ahh that lovely warm soft early morning light with mist, stunning! Very well done, you should be well pleased!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31