GPS tracker in Australia

Reaction score
I have been looking into GPS trackers for use in Australia .
I am in a rural area but get Telstra coverage on most of the farm .If I buy say a Trackimo can I run it with any data sim (Telstra do a data only $50 for a year) I don't imagine they use much data .Or is it like a subscription for the service .
I read where a bloke bought a Flytrex with a Canbus adapter ? and used a data share micro sim(one off cost $5 Then just shared the data from his phone.
Some advice would be appreciated .
Thanks

Trackimo uses their own subscription based GSM service, which is USD $60. You cannot use your own Telstra/Optus/Vodafone data sim unfortunately.
If you decide to purchase Trackimo, make sure you buy their newer model which utilise 3G GSM service. Their older model utilises the near-extinct 2G GSM service and is to be avoided.

Hi "The Springs" I'm also from Australia and received my Trackimo a few weeks ago and must say it is really good, I also purchased the holder for the phantom and all in all it's been reliable. It comes with a pre installed sim and the first 12 months are free and around $4 a month after that period. It uses both 3G GSM and GPS for positioning. It's also good to put on your dog for tracking.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the info ? I got too close to a wheat crop and dropped my Advance in only 80 m from me took an hour to find it .Do these trackers help when you are close.
When my dogs missing I know where he is .My neighbour has a good looking poodle .

Reactions: Loz
Ignore the ?after info it was late .Im actually 3 years older than you and if your eyes are still good enjoy the good vision while it lasts.

Reactions: Sparky1963
Sparky1963 just wondering where you purchase yours The ones my son sees are either 2G or don't specify

I have been looking into GPS trackers for use in Australia .
I am in a rural area but get Telstra coverage on most of the farm .If I buy say a Trackimo can I run it with any data sim (Telstra do a data only $50 for a year) I don't imagine they use much data .Or is it like a subscription for the service .
I read where a bloke bought a Flytrex with a Canbus adapter ? and used a data share micro sim(one off cost $5 Then just shared the data from his phone.
Thanks

Use the Marco Polo tracker.
No GPS, no cell needed. Works up to 2 miles on 900ghz radio frequency. Transmitter is only 12 grams. Handheld tracker provides directional arrow and signal strength.
Shipping to AU is $40US.
www.UAVfind.com
Thanks
You are right. I'm getting a Marco Polo for Christmas (I peeked).
And remember, don't let that 2 mile distance deter you. Even if it's out of range, gulp, once you get back in range you can still track it down. And no subscription - it self contained. It's light weight, long battery life and no interference.
I just hope I don't fly away before Christmas (or any other time) ;)

i have a friend of mine that is using a GPS tracker that i recommended and she's living in somewhere australia. i recommended her using 3G device from Trackimo and she said it really does works great in her area.

Reactions: natedecker585
I have been looking into miniature GPS trackers in Australia.
Thanks
TKSTAR is good, it took me some trial and error to figure out which settings to use. Standby mode means that the tracker automatically wakes up every twelve hours and reports its position to you. When the tracker is in sleep mode (offline), the app will not be able to communicate commands, but direct text will do. The battery can stand for three months, and it only costs $ 5 per month, which is a good deal.

Use the Marco Polo tracker.
No GPS, no cell needed. Works up to 2 miles on 900ghz radio frequency. Transmitter is only 12 grams. Handheld tracker provides directional arrow and signal strength.
Shipping to AU is $40US.
www.UAVfind.com
Thanks

+1 on the Marco Polo tracker. I never fly without it.

*plus, the OP can put it on their wayward wandering dog too. [emoji12]

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31