GPS P3 Advanced HELP PLEASE!!

We need the .txt not a HD output.

Here is what I hope is a healthy light log after re-installing the firmware and one from before. Interestingly when I play back on my android I don't get the crazy distance numbers I do on my iPhone??

Any and all help very needed and welcome... Cheers guys...

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-01_[12-55-51].txt
    242.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-10-22_[23-02-42].txt
    389.9 KB · Views: 183
Here's an app picture on my Samsung S6
9141063f4aee5d8afc05a291b14033c2.jpg

It doesn't have crazy numbers on it.

I flew it last night and it was better but still had full satellites and went to atti mode after ten meters or so.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Put older firmware back on. GPs lock keeps coming and going. Maybe it's the controller? May have a bad switch?
I'm desperate at this stage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
We need the .txt not a HD output.
Here are the .dat files also and some other text files, but I can not make any sense of the .txt files, they look like symbols to me!!

Attachments

• 2016-10-16 12_48_09.dat
    804 bytes · Views: 170
  • 2016-10-22 21_00_48.dat
    2.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 2016-11-01 12_22_24.dat
    298 bytes · Views: 174
  • 2016-11-02 21_37_07.dat
    777 bytes · Views: 176
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-02_[21-37-05].txt
    357.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-10-22_[23-02-42].txt
    389.9 KB · Views: 177
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-10-16_[12-48-07].txt
    182.7 KB · Views: 159
@Mooks as far as I can tell you have provided the .txt file for four flights.

None of the .txt files match the flight you referenced in post #1. That flight occurred at 22/10/2016 18:47:01 but the .txt file DJIFlightRecord_2016-10-22_[23-02-42].txt occurred at a different time on that day.

Also, none of the .txt files matched the flight referenced in post #23. The time of day is not displayed in post #23 making DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-01_[12-55-51].txt a possibility. But, the geo path, time, and distance traveled values shown in post #23 don't match the .txt file.

One thing I might suggest. It appears you are possibly launching from a site that could have nearby ferrous material. Things like concrete rebar, metal patio furniture, kid's tricycles, etc. If so, you might want to try a launch site free of this kind of material.

Reactions: Mooks
@BudWalker

Thanks for that. I uploaded a selection of files with one common theme. No matter where I fly from I get the same stupid problem. When I hit 30 feet or less as soon as popti is out of range I go to atti mode and it reverts back to GPS when I get near the ground again. I appreciate the possible interference issues but I have flown from that location with my other P3 (now sold as Mavic on order) and never had a hitch. This one just can't stay in gps mode no matter where I fly from. It's just making no sense. I'd hoped you could see the loss of GPS lock despite 11-19 satellites from the data. All the flights are the same from any location. I'm afraid it's back to DJI as I converted a log on DJI logs.com and I can not see a cause. No compass deviation or even loss of satellites.
Bewildering.
I will put up the sample converted log and see if anyone can see an issue.
Here are the links, the site would not allow these files to upload...

DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-02_[21-37-05].txt.Flytrex.csv
DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-02_[21-37-05].txt.Comprehensive.csv

Thanks.

Mukesh

Last edited:
Gave it into David at the www.coptershop.ie and sent back to DJI. DJI are fixing it under warranty but they don't tell why it's faulty. Just an update... Now waiting on my Mavic Pro....!

For those interested I got my P3 back from DJI and it's been replaced fully. Brand new copter whatever the issue was. I am told it was a faulty chip or something in the main board so the copter I have now has to be activated and has another 1 year warranty. Happy days. Thanks DJI!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Am completely confused.
Basically DJI app says I have full satellites and when I go higher than optical sensors can locate the ground I get atti mode on screen and GPS lock failure despite having 11 plus satellites on the app. See above link and screen shot attached.
This drone has never had a crash and is basically new as I've only flown it once or twice before to test it.
Recalibration of imu controller compass gimbal and latest firmware...

HELP PLEASE.
what I don't get is why I'm losing GPS lock with full satellite cover in p mode?
Totally confused.
4e121059d9d970f33de401363f91ef57.jpg

Have you put any of the color stickers on? I put some on mine and it really screwed up my compass. Just a thought.

Reactions: Mooks
I'm the end unfortunately I got nowhere finding out the issue. DJI WERE BRILLIANT. They took it back and sent me a brand new one with another years warranty. Guess it was a faulty chip somewhere as there was no argument just it's unrepairable and here's a new one. Only flew it once before and was perfect. Took out of box on same firmware and. O go. Updated firmware still no go. Emailed logs to DJI and a new one comes in the post after I sent mine back. Solved kind of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers