GPS on take off then goes to "safe to fly nonGPS"

Reaction score
New problem cropped up, I take off in GPS after get up and away then I get message "safe to fly non GPS and the bird will fly as if in atti mode. I had it hovering at 150 ft then get this and it suddenly drifts off at 20 mph strait toward a steep mountain, hit the stick to climb and the RTH before it slammed into the trees on the mtn, lucky the RTH activated just before it did and came back home to land.
I noticed this started after did the last IMU calibration.

Did you calibrate the compass too? Did you do a "cold" calibration? (start it up when "cold" and IMMEDIATELY go to the calibration procedure).

Also, I'm assuming your bird had an unobstructed view of the sky - no tall trees or buildings?

Did you calibrate the compass too? Did you do a "cold" calibration? (start it up when "cold" and IMMEDIATELY go to the calibration procedure).

Also, I'm assuming your bird had an unobstructed view of the sky - no tall trees or buildings?
Did you do the IMU with firmware update? Might be the firmware more than likley culprit than IMU.

I have had complete GPS loss after latest firmware with 18 satelites recorded.

Up is good strategy when in danger but you need to fly away from the obstacle also the be confident of recovery. What would have happened if you didnt get GPS back?

In my case landing and power cycling the aircraft is the only way to get GPS to kick in.

i done the compass calibration too, I usually get more then 11 satellites when did calibration. It will take off on safe to fly gps and then when get up into the flight then it sometimes goes to safe to fly non gps, just like switched to the atti mode

Well I had the same problem last month, ended up sending it back to DJI since it was still under warranty. I got my P3P back from DJI, they said they had to replace a couple parts and that it was fixed and ready to go. (Work order is attached) Took it out 3-4 days ago, and guess what, SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!! It would give me green safe to fly gps before take off, once I was more than 10ft in the air, it switched to red, no gps. I tried re-calibration compass, rebooting it, made sure all firmware was up to date, and still no good. I took it our again yesterday and had the same problem, I think DJI is going to have to send me a whole new quad, this is ridiculous!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I had been having it on and off every flight. I don't know what could be, I just took my bird out again and burned all 3 batteries to see if do it again. Before I set it off on first flight, did another compass Cal like many times before and today it flew perfectly. Not first time. I used up all 3 batts and now recharging one and going to send it back up as soon as it is changed. I hope maybe it corrected. Last software update I did was in Feb. I not heard much good about the latest one and afraid to get it.

If l do a fw update l always recalibrate the IMU, compass, gimbal, delete and reinstall DJI Go app. Latest fw update so far so good.

Are u losing satellite signal strength? Mine sometimes loses GPS signal strength. I goes down to 2 or 3 bars and says, safe to fly non-gps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20