Gps needed???

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently traveled about 300 miles to fly phantom and when I tried to calibrate it the first step went fine but then when I turned it so the light was up and performed the second step in the calibration the red light flashes meaning that calibration failed. I was in large parking lot and had no metal objects on me (phone, keys, pants zipper, car). So I plugged it into my computer and all the settings I set were off (IOC FS) so when I went to check the box to turn on IOC it said "gps needed" and I am not sure how to get gps? Do I need to buy a part for it so it can get gps?
Thanks

Metal stuff all around shouldn't have anything to do with getting GPS reception. It'll screw things up for your COMPASS calibration, but not GPS.

Take it back out there, set it down and power it up and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Don't worry about the lights. Then power down and back up and do the compass dance. If I remember right, that's what I did with mine.

I'm NOT the one to give advice here yet....but....can you really get it level enough to do a good calibration....on gravel ???
IMU calibration needs to be done on a level surface, but the OP is talking about the compass calibration. Totally different and separate things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.