GPS issue

Reaction score
Hi all, last two days my gps signal has been dropping and jumping from 11-10 satts to 0 in seconds, and viceversa,
checked the connector but it was properly connected. Wondering if this could be related to a minimal temp
of gps module to work the right way? asking this because a few weeks ago I did a ventilation mod to my p2 and recently
ambient temp have been dropping notoriously, so, maybe this could be related?

Cheers.

Today my gps didn’t work at all, took it out and everything seems ok, nothing burned at sight, cables have good continuity, ceramic part is ok, solder spot ok, seems there is a small battery but not sure.

Sounds like you might have an issue with your GPS. Temperature shouldn't cause an issue until it gets very low. It was mentioned in another thread that big swings in temperature could cause condensation (cold to warm). And maybe thermal contraction/expansion on a weak solder joint could cause it to break but it's kind of a long shot.

Thank you Ian, double checked with magnifier glass the main board and gps module, and only different thing I found was a tiny chip of solder between two components on module but solder of all components are ok. On the software side, two weeks ago I reinstalled fw 1.08, will try reinstalling again.

GPS came back to life today, works like new again, didn't touch the software, guess problem was the tiny solder chip on module, and the other difference was a warm sunny day.

Got rid of the gorilla on my shoulders, will have my first formal aerial video/photos in a few days.

new member here and i have similar issue with vision plus module. i had broken antenna on module and replaced the antenna. it would only work if i held and squeezed antenna in hand. so i replaced it with a new gps module and now the software does not even recognize that i have gps module (flashing yellow lights only) i cannot see why my old module would work if i squeezed but new one will not even show up. also could you post a picture of soder chip location that you found?

the rest of the bird works fine.

thanks

Hi, sorry, can't remember the exact point, took this picture before I started to check around.
Watching the picture I recalled that I also tried to measure the voltage of that look alike battery,
maybe I did reset something touching that with the tester, hope this helps and your V+ goes on air asap.

Attachments

• 2014-11-21 15.13.54.jpg
    2014-11-21 15.13.54.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 338
Thanks for pic . i stumbled across a solution by connecting compass cable direct to GPS module instead of board now GPS gets 7 SATs indoors. Will have to fly it when winds get below 40 mph.

Hi all, few days ago I started the P2 around 170 miles away from the last flight position, and again, the gps after a couple of minutes found 0 sats, leds flashing red and green, so did the compass dance and gps started working normally again, just wanted to share this for those having gps issues.

Have a good one!

FedeVision said:
Hi all, few days ago I started the P2 around 170 miles away from the last flight position, and again, the gps after a couple of minutes found 0 sats, leds flashing red and green, so did the compass dance and gps started working normally again, just wanted to share this for those having gps issues.

Have a good one!

Hate to say it but it really sounds like a broken GPS module. If it is still on warranty you might be able to convince DJI that it wasn't your fault, if not they are available to buy at many places. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl