GPS/Homepoint issue on P3P

Reaction score
Had my first scare with the my P3P today. I calibrated my compass before this flight. Was about 2,000 ft out and 400 ft up in the mountains. Signal started getting a bit weak so I decided to bring her back towards me.

This is when I realized that the Phantom's location and orientation as shown on the map in the lower left area in the Pilot app was incorrect. I knew I was pointing it towards the general area I was standing, but it showed that I was going the opposite direction. In other words, when I tried to follow the map and orient the Phantom towards my homepoint, when I moved forward it started to show it was getting further away.

Fortunately I had a good idea of where I needed to go, but the map in the Pilot app proved to be worthless. Once I was back within about 100 ft of my home point, the map looked correct again. Does anyone know how/why this may have happened and if there is a fix?

If you lost RC signal then the map would not update. But you'd also see a RTH message on the screen if this were the case and the P3 icon would not move at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20