Got your certification, so now what?

Reaction score
Alright, now that the Part 107 exam, remote pilot certification, and new regulations are official, what's everyone planning to do? Ya'll gonna make some $$$.

Yes. And also help write governance for use of sUAS within the oil & gas company I work for. These are salad days :)

I'm an IT (Network) professional with an active TS/SCI. What I'm wondering is could I leverage something like a Part 107 Cert into a new and well paying career? I really don't know what sort of positions need a commercial drone pilot. It might be way too early to tell since this field is really new but its worth a shot to ask. Also does anyone know of a drone pilot job board I can look at. I don't enjoy my career field at all but it pays well. So if I can do something maybe with my clearance and a drone license that would be pretty awesome.

Where you live might dictate some to your search. Here in the middle of 1,000s of acres of corn and soy beans, agriculture will be a growth industry. Surveying of crops. Also inspections of wind turbines, microwave/radio towers, even railway train systems. Commercial and residential property inspections or advertising photography.

Search the Internet for drone discussion groups focused on the commercial aspect rather than the hobby aspect. Less focus on Phantom style and quality and more on hex or octo devices capable of heavier payloads.

Find a way to get into the delivery aspect - Amazon for example. You just need to combine your skill set with an emerging field.

Update my professional photography website to emphasize FAA Certified drone pilot status, add aerial photos to my portfolio, get new business cards that emphasize drone services, spread the word to all my business and real estate contacts. Lots of work to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl