Got V3.0 Power?

Reaction score
It wont be long and I'll have it.

This video has good substance and was also put together very well. Nice! Have to give credit where credit is due. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPte3VEvo0[/youtube]

flyNfrank said:
It wont be long and I'll have it.

This video has good substance and was also put together very well. Nice! Have to give credit where credit is due. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPte3VEvo0[/youtube]

Did you buy the parts or a new phantom all together. I bought the parts for my vision + and ordered a phantom 2 with zenmuse today that is already upgraded

Wish you didn't have to replace the ESCs for the new motors. :(

They have 9450 motors right ? Whilst us peasants have umm is it 9433 or something like that ??
And they have the stock gps shielding ?

What else does they have ??

I ordered some 9450 props, they will work with my peasant v2 right ?? Don't need the actual motors ??

I just wish DJI would release 3.09 which fixs non fpv mode (so it actually goes straight all the time)

What made you decide to order it Frank ??

*edit* watch the video ? hmm... interesting.... How is the R/C more powerful ??? How many mw is it ? V2 was 100mw... any ideas how much v3 is ?? Or is the the reciever ??

justin00 said:
They have 9450 motors right ? Whilst us peasants have umm is it 9433 or something like that ??
And they have the stock gps shielding ?

What else does they have ??

I ordered some 9450 props, they will work with my peasant v2 right ?? Don't need the actual motors ??

I just wish DJI would release 3.09 which fixs non fpv mode (so it actually goes straight all the time)

What made you decide to order it Frank ??

9450 and 9443 are the props, not the motors. And yes, the 9450 props will work on the non-upgraded motors. The motors in the upgrade though are considerably better, the video in this thread shows just how much better they are. I will venture a guess that this is why Frank made the leap. He is a speed demon after all and that extra juice might just get him a new record. :D

The main features as far as available upgrades are the motor upgrade and the upgraded remote with tilt wheel and inbuilt battery. There is also an anti-static compass available. The motors are the only thing I'd be interested in but you have to replace your ESCs which means a LOT of work, also a reason Frank might have gone with buying instead of upgrading himself.

Hm, from the R/C fixed world I learned the if you upgrade your props, you have to match your motor. If you upgrade your motor you have to match your ESC. So far everything is as it is supposed to be. But when you upgrade your ESC, you have to match the C rating of your LiPos. Current batteries have a tendency to puff and do auto landings even with the old props, motors abd ESCs.

I fear people will puff their batteries, and DJI will announce new batteries with higher C rating as a result. Or insult as they will propably do so at full retail price... :-(

I think besides the new controller , it really isn't a big deal for most of us. Unless you want carry a couple phantoms around !
I got the new controller and I like it.

Hate to hijack but are some of you saying not to use 9450 props ?

Thanks for correcting me on the 9443 prop thing, thought it was the motors :)
Had been reading heaps of forums and looks like people have been waiting agges to just upgrade props to 9450's ??

****, I should not have watched that...
Anyone want to buy a never-crashed PV2+ with foil mod and FPVLR stage 2 installed on the controller??

Mori55 said:
I think besides the new controller , it really isn't a big deal for most of us. Unless you want carry a couple phantoms around !

And empty phantoms at that! I agree the new controller is definitely worth the upgrade though.

Mopar Bob said:
Mori55 said:

And empty phantoms at that! I agree the new controller is definitely worth the upgrade though.

Probly just user preferences... I could care less about the controller... but I'm itching to get my hands on the new found power for sure :mrgreen:

max said:
Anyone want to buy a never-crashed PV2+ with foil mod and FPVLR stage 2 installed on the controller??

Just buy the motor/esc kit...save your old motors/esc's as spares....

If I were to put the new upgrade props 9450 on my non upgraded quad, I would try increasing the Vertical Gain.

Now with the new V3.0 vPlus, I did not order one, and wouldn't unless I didn't own something to start with. I will add the replacement parts. The Props, ESC's, and Motors. In the meantime, I will hunt for some who has bought a box version of the new V3.0 vPlus. And when I find someone with it, I will ask/beg this person for their quads Gain Adjustments settings. I can't see how they would be the same, it wouldn't make sense.

Upgrading from the 2213 to 2313 960kv will boost your lift power alone from 600g to 800g per each motor. You will feel that in the seat of your pants.

So....I would be totally shocked if there is any new vPlus for sometime. These kind of upgrades have to be welcomed. And listen up....the new hot ticket will be the SDK app programming in the right persons hands. I'm waiting on approval for a level 2 setup now from DJI.

hmm are the 9450 props from v3 or are there older versions of 9450's ?
I'm getting mine delivered today....

vertical gain you say... any specific value you would recommend ?

That'a a great video. About a week ago one of my ESCs went bad (after >120 flights) and I decided to upgrade all the motors and ESCs to the new ones. This video tells me that was a good decision!

The 9450 props aren't a big deal. Many people, including me, have been using them for months even before the upgraded motors were available. I've never done anything to my gains and have had no problems. The only difference is the new V3 ships with the 9450's instead of the 9443's. So DJI are claiming they're new to pad out the feature list.

max said:

Well, once you realise that it is lifting 3 EMPTY shells, I am no so impressed...

DKDarkness said:
max said:

Well, once you realise that it is lifting 3 EMPTY shells, I am no so impressed...

Let's see here....

Shell: 180 grams +
Landing gear: 43 grams +

Roughly 225 grams each (and I'm under on that number)

Times three...

At least 675 grams being lifted without a problem in that video...

I'm still impressed :ugeek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl