Got V3.0 Power?

Max did you mod the antenna on the controller, and not the quad, or did I read your post wrong?

DBS said:
DKDarkness said:
max said:
****, I should not have watched that...
Anyone want to buy a never-crashed PV2+ with foil mod and FPVLR stage 2 installed on the controller??

Well, once you realise that it is lifting 3 EMPTY shells, I am no so impressed...

Let's see here....

Shell: 180 grams +
Landing gear: 43 grams +

Roughly 225 grams each (and I'm under on that number)

Times three...

At least 675 grams being lifted without a problem in that video...

I'm still impressed :ugeek:

You forgot the rope/twine whatever it is that connect them altogether.

Then the quad without the mods struggled to lift 1/2 of them.

My point is , who's going to be lifting that additional weight ? If your lifting a different gimbal and gopro I can see it. But for a stock pv2+ , does really matter ?

Mori55 said:
My point is , who's going to be lifting that additional weight ? If your lifting a different gimbal and gopro I can see it. But for a stock pv2+ , does really matter ?

I think you miss the point...lifting this weight is a demonstration of improved thrust values....improved thrust values will have a huge effect on a stock P2V+.....

flyNfrank said:

:D :D :D And you forgot to take in account that when the empty shells are lifted, the vortex created by the props forces the air over them.
Thus they weigh more due to wind-resistance. LMAO :lol:

So what will the increased thrust bring to the standard flyer? (i.e. the better motors, ESC and props)
I find the Phantom plenty fast enough - upwards and horizontally and agility is not bad.
And if its increased payload what is worth adding that can't be already on the P2V+ ?

Will flight times be longer with this new system?
Will the video be any smoother? Or will those stiffer props actually create more vibrations?

And the new controller - what is the trainer link for?
The new tilt wheel looks cool. The Lipo battery enclosed in the TX?

I hope DJI bring an upgrade soon that is a bit more exciting and useful.

Maybe the above is paving the way for the Inspire's camera with lightbridge ?

Just completed the motor upgrade and can confirm it's awesome. Climbs like a beast. Looking forward to a better weather day where I can flick it into Atti and see how fast she'll go.

Mori55 said:
Some of are p2v+ already have the esc already installed. Theyre some threads on this.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=29990

That was the case with my PV2+ bought at the end of August. It's the only reason I decided to go ahead with the upgrade.

I got mine when they were first released and if you by that link I have the new esc. So I think in the beginning it was hit or miss.
How was it soldering the new motors in ? I just hate soldering circut boards. Also where did you Get the motors ?

Mori55 said:
I got mine when they were first released and if you by that link I have the new esc. So I think in the beginning it was hit or miss.
How was it soldering the new motors in ? I just hate soldering circut boards. Also where did you Get the motors ?

So I took a different route rather than soldering to the ESC because I'm like you, I hated the idea. So I bought these and cut the wires from the original motor and attached the female end to that and the male end to the new motor. Worked great, just plug them together and did the heat shrink. Also means if a motor goes bad or a new upgrade comes out I can change them out quickly with no more soldering on the Phantom side.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230783743102? ... EBIDX%3AIT

I'm in the UK so I bought my motors from RC Geeks.

flyNfrank said:
Max did you mod the antenna on the controller, and not the quad, or did I read your post wrong?

I've installed the FPVLR Stage 2 mod, which is pilot side only.

ToThePoint said:
flyNfrank said:

:D :D :D And you forgot to take in account that when the empty shells are lifted, the vortex created by the props forces the air over them.
Thus they weigh more due to wind-resistance. LMAO :lol:

Yeah....and you also forgot that with higher humidity and dew point that the air itself is heavier to get those empty shells through. LOL!

Wally said:
I owned the "old" P2V+ and recently purchased the V3.0. I have the feeling I get a LOT more sat's now (with this stock one compared with my foilmodded old one), that it is a bit quicker and I really like the 6th channel.

Great quad.

Wally, would you happen to know or remember what your V3.0 quads default Gain Settings are?

I need all the upgrade parts except the ESC's. Does anyone know who has the parts and is trust worthy to order from?

I got the controller from dji and ordered the motors from Dave's motors. I reall don't think I need anything else. I get good sat lock.

flyNfrank said:
If I were to put the new upgrade props 9450 on my non upgraded quad, I would try increasing the Vertical Gain.

Now with the new V3.0 vPlus, I did not order one, and wouldn't unless I didn't own something to start with. I will add the replacement parts. The Props, ESC's, and Motors. In the meantime, I will hunt for some who has bought a box version of the new V3.0 vPlus. And when I find someone with it, I will ask/beg this person for their quads Gain Adjustments settings. I can't see how they would be the same, it wouldn't make sense.

Upgrading from the 2213 to 2313 960kv will boost your lift power alone from 600g to 800g per each motor. You will feel that in the seat of your pants.

So....I would be totally shocked if there is any new vPlus for sometime. These kind of upgrades have to be welcomed. And listen up....the new hot ticket will be the SDK app programming in the right persons hands. I'm waiting on approval for a level 2 setup now from DJI.
Frank, I'm flying the 9450s on my non-upgraded quad and it doesn't seem all that much different (which leads me to believe that the ESCs and the motors may be key to the overall power). I have not fiddled with the gains either, only because I absolutely do not know what I am doing with that. If I actually knew what the gains did and how they were incorporated into the flight software, I would not hesitate to adjust them (notice the word change "fiddled" to "adjust") :) .

So I'm thinking that my next mod would be the ESCs and the motors, but it will probably be awhile until I do that.

slothead said:
flyNfrank said:
If I were to put the new upgrade props 9450 on my non upgraded quad, I would try increasing the Vertical Gain.

Now with the new V3.0 vPlus, I did not order one, and wouldn't unless I didn't own something to start with. I will add the replacement parts. The Props, ESC's, and Motors. In the meantime, I will hunt for some who has bought a box version of the new V3.0 vPlus. And when I find someone with it, I will ask/beg this person for their quads Gain Adjustments settings. I can't see how they would be the same, it wouldn't make sense.

Upgrading from the 2213 to 2313 960kv will boost your lift power alone from 600g to 800g per each motor. You will feel that in the seat of your pants.

So....I would be totally shocked if there is any new vPlus for sometime. These kind of upgrades have to be welcomed. And listen up....the new hot ticket will be the SDK app programming in the right persons hands. I'm waiting on approval for a level 2 setup now from DJI.
Frank, I'm flying the 9450s on my non-upgraded quad and it doesn't seem all that much different (which leads me to believe that the ESCs and the motors may be key to the overall power). I have not fiddled with the gains either, only because I absolutely do not know what I am doing with that. If I actually knew what the gains did and how they were incorporated into the flight software, I would not hesitate to adjust them (notice the word change "fiddled" to "adjust") :) .

So I'm thinking that my next mod would be the ESCs and the motors, but it will probably be awhile until I do that.

Did you know it's possible that you may already have the upgraded ESC's. And the way to check is, Power on your quad by the battery. If you don't have any red LED lights staying on, and only hear 1 beep at battery start, and then the red LED light do come on when you start the motors, this means you already have the V2 ESC's.

Have you ever connected your quad to the dji assistant on your pc?

I have a basic question about upgrading the motors, etc. most certainly the power drain on the battery will increase. What is the assumption being made by you all wrt increase in lifting capacity, decrease in flight time, etc.?

I don't know enough about battery technology to know that DJI can increase bat performance (w/ same form factor), but assuming bat alternatives exist, what does anyone predict the inc. of lift capacity to be? Today, it is a puni 100grms.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers