Got rid of "HERE" maps

I'll be trying here maps once I'm comfortable getting in my first good flight with my P3S, it's also a matter of overcoming my OCD with seeing the DJI GO Update sitting in my N6 :)

I can deal with map detail, etc. As long as Neon is correct and the map now scrolls to keep the drone centered(
if selected for that), that was a larger issue for me to make me want to stay with an earlier version then just what type map...

As I had stated earlier,,the HERE map in my situation came up either zoomed in so close it was just a green blob, and there was nothing distinguishable until zoomed out to a point that included the whole of the lower United States, and at that altitude there was nothing distinguishable there either . All is well now(for a while), and I'll leave it alone.

Reactions: Digdat0
Yes, it is my belief that DJI introducted the "Here Maps" in DJI Go version 3.1 in both iOS and Android. If you are on 3.1 or later, you have the Here maps. Any version under does not have them .. if you want a version in the 3.x UI, get 3.0.1, it seems decent and still has Google maps. I use 2.9.2 on my ipad.
I just went back to 3.0.1 to get this fixed on my tablet. Now I've never used the map too much, mostly FPV. So my question is does the large map (full screen) follow the drone or only the small map lower left of screen. Because that's how it works on my device now that I went back to this version. Also do you know what's the biggest difference between Go app 2.9.1 and 3.0.1 ?

Long story, but I'll be brief. As 'msinger' said, I didn't like the new 'here' maps,,,because in my situation they were just a green blob, and when I zoomed out, they were often centered in Ghana Africa.
It all started with "no signal' alerts. After a lot of trouble,(and a few RTH's) finally upgraded the DJIGO app to the latest version. That seemed to fix the initial problem. Apparently the app had gotten corrupted in my tab. But with the upgrade came the map with"Here" marked on it at my home location. After a tip from "OSO" in a post I created, I found that others were having problems with the new app as well. From what I read, others were having success with the 2.9.1 version, so I uninstalled, and replaced 3.1.0 with the 2.9.1.
If you haven't already, do a google search for "Here Maps" for info on how to do it. Good Luck, Good Flying,,,Gary
I have received far more than I can ever give back. Merry CHRISTmas

I had many of the same problems you had. That includes the green blob of Here maps. I did research it online and couldn't find a resolve. Below this thread Neon Euc said he got the latest update of Here and it is all fixed. However, I tried it on mine once again after he posted his thread and I still got a green blob. Maybe I'm not using it or setting it up correctly. Either way, I went back to 3.0.1 and on initial test (in home tablet test) not flying yet due to rain, all is well. Waiting for the rain and wind to stop before an actual flight here in Southern California. Yes, it's raining in Southern California. I'll take the rain at this point over flying. The rain is needed much more.

How do you know which maps the app is using, I'm in the UK and don't see any issues, mind you I use Litchi more than the Dji alp

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

How do you know which maps the app is using, I'm in the UK and don't see any issues, mind you I use Litchi more than the Dji alp

Because the eponymous 'Here map' :) has the word 'Here' at your current location. I've noticed more clouds in the 'Here' maps in places and I can see from my local knowledge of what's changed geographically, that the old version has more up-to-date images..Both versions will work OK for me though.

The Here map says "HERE" The google map say "GOOGLE" Also this issue is only with the Go app, not with Litchi.

a good way to test which is to disable wifi on your tablet, connect and loadup DJI go. open the satellite view, it should not display the map and you should see a whole bunch of "HERE" written all over.

a good way to test which is to disable wifi on your tablet, connect and loadup DJI go. open the satellite view, it should not display the map and you should see a whole bunch of "HERE" written all over.
That's right and if you don't like the 'Here' maps for whatever reason, then just go back to dji go v.2.9.1 which still has Google maps... Regarding what to do, it's all here in this thread if you read it all through. As stated, the problem doesn't affect Lichi.

Reactions: Digdat0
I had many of the same problems you had. That includes the green blob of Here maps. I did research it online and couldn't find a resolve. Below this thread Neon Euc said he got the latest update of Here and it is all fixed. However, I tried it on mine once again after he posted his thread and I still got a green blob. Maybe I'm not using it or setting it up correctly. Either way, I went back to 3.0.1 and on initial test (in home tablet test) not flying yet due to rain, all is well. Waiting for the rain and wind to stop before an actual flight here in Southern California. Yes, it's raining in Southern California. I'll take the rain at this point over flying. The rain is needed much more.
I will need to re-test this as I didn't noticed the maps when it came to "blobs" as it were... I was mostly looking out for 2 things...

1) to make sure map follows drone

2) to make sure screen doesn't freeze

I do apologize if I didn't make it clear but for me I didn't even think about the detail of the map at all. But on my next flight I will happily look and update

Neon Euc

That's right and if you don't like the 'Here' maps for whatever reason, then just go back to dji go v.2.9.1 which still has Google maps... Regarding what to do, it's all here in this thread if you read it all through. As stated, the problem doesn't affect Lichi.
I download to the 3.0.1 version of Go to get the google map back, not really sure what the difference is between 2.9 and 3.0?

I download to the 3.0.1 version of Go to get the google map back, not really sure what the difference is between 2.9 and 3.0?
And thereby hangs the problem. What's included in the each upgrade/backgrade of dji go is, after the event, a total mystery it seems, or at least very difficult to locate - unless others here know better. ;)

I'm totally no expert and went for v.2.9.1 because that's what others on this thread said they had done and it also worked for me - it got Google maps back. Possibly v.3.0.1 is, according to what you say, also another viable version to do this - but v.2.9.1 was what I spotted and was able to download first, so that's what I went with....and it worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: NRJ
I will need to re-test this as I didn't noticed the maps when it came to "blobs" as it were... I was mostly looking out for 2 things...

1) to make sure map follows drone

2) to make sure screen doesn't freeze

I do apologize if I didn't make it clear but for me I didn't even think about the detail of the map at all. But on my next flight I will happily look and update

Neon Euc

That's probably because for whatever reason, it is working for you. If you saw my green blob, you would definitely notice it. Anyway, I hope it works for you.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Long story, but I'll be brief. As 'msinger' said, I didn't like the new 'here' maps,,,because in my situation they were just a green blob, and when I zoomed out, they were often centered in Ghana Africa.
It all started with "no signal' alerts. After a lot of trouble,(and a few RTH's) finally upgraded the DJIGO app to the latest version. That seemed to fix the initial problem. Apparently the app had gotten corrupted in my tab. But with the upgrade came the map with"Here" marked on it at my home location. After a tip from "OSO" in a post I created, I found that others were having problems with the new app as well. From what I read, others were having success with the 2.9.1 version, so I uninstalled, and replaced 3.1.0 with the 2.9.1.
If you haven't already, do a google search for "Here Maps" for info on how to do it. Good Luck, Good Flying,,,Gary
I have received far more than I can ever give back. Merry CHRISTmas
3.0.1 will also give you google maps

Are here maps fixed then? I never had any issues running my app 3.1.0.. But recently it just auto updated to 3.1.1 .. It did it automatically when I connected to wifi last.. Didn't notice a difference tho.. Should I disable the "auto update" on the app? In case there ever is a problem with a new updated version?

One thing that does really annoy me tho, is I'll have a really nicely preloaded map using wifi on my iPad mini and all will be great.. But then whenever I connect my iPad back to wifi just for web surfing or whatever it ends up clearing out all the map that I had loaded.. Even tho I hadn't even opened the dji go app when I was connected back to wifi.. And I usually don't realize it till I'm out in the feild I open my dji go, and find that I have no map loaded for my area.. So then I gotta go back to my house, re-connect to wifi, load the map, disable wifi , and then go back out to the feild again with a loaded map..

Anyone know how to stop this from happening? It's happend since day 1 with my app. Everytime my tablet connects to wifi auto- or manual, it automatically deleted all the maps I had loaded in my area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are here maps fixed then? I never had any issues running my app 3.1.0.. But recently it just auto updated to 3.1.1 .. It did it automatically when I connected to wifi last.. Didn't notice a difference tho.. Should I disable the "auto update" on the app? In case there ever is a problem with a new updated version?

One thing that does really annoy me tho, is I'll have a really nicely preloaded map using wifi on my iPad mini and all will be great.. But then whenever I connect my iPad back to wifi just for web surfing or whatever it ends up clearing out all the map that I had loaded.. Even tho I hadn't even opened the dji go app when I was connected back to wifi.. And I usually don't realize it till I'm out in the feild I open my dji go, and find that I have no map loaded for my area.. So then I gotta go back to my house, re-connect to wifi, load the map, disable wifi , and then go back out to the feild again with a loaded map..

Anyone know how to stop this from happening? It's happend since day 1 with my app. Everytime my tablet connects to wifi auto- or manual, it automatically deleted all the maps I had loaded in my area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can answer the first part the Here map issue was only with Android, not IOS. You guys with Apple use Apple maps I believe, don't you?? Not Google or Here maps with the Go app.

I went back to 2.9.1 yesterday to get my Google maps back. Worked fine.

I went back to 2.9.1 yesterday to get my Google maps back. Worked fine.
I went back to 3.0.1, could have just as easily went back to the version you chose. Does anyone remember what the big difference between the two versions are. 2.9.1 vs 3.0.1 ? Also when it comes to the map following the drones position, now that I've downgraded. When the map is minimized it follows the drone, but when maximize to full screen it does not, is it supposed to?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I went back to 3.0.1, could have just as easily went back to the version you chose. Does anyone remember what the big difference between the two versions are. 2.9.1 vs 3.0.1 ?

If I remember right, 3.0.1 added support for the DJI Osmo Mobile smartphone gimbal.

The "Here" maps are awful. I have to wonder what DJI was thinking when they made that change. The Google maps are much more clear and are up to date. It had to have been a cost cutting move, the "Here" map licensing was likely a fraction of the cost of the Google license. But frankly, any cost is too much for the "Here" maps.

Reactions: Samuraiz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94