Got my P3P today - What should I do first?

Wow that's awesome! Ok, so I got my batteries charged up and trying to use the simulator on android os. The sim is asking me to start the motor and I've tried several times to start using CSC but it wont start the motors in the simulator. What do I need to do?

Is your Phantom turned on?

@msinger Yes, it says please start aircraft but its on. I mentioned earlier the go app I installed through DJI was 75mb and the one in the play store came out to be 125mb. Could that have something to do with it?

Last edited:
Which "App" version is showing in the About section of the DJI GO app?

I use the one from the play store, Im not sure what the difference would be. To start it are you holding the sticks down and to the inside?

@cybrrmage Yes I am. I had my phone connected to the rc before I started the quad the first time I tried using the go app. The second time around I connected my phone last and it gave me a prompt to register a name and select settings for various things. I haven't tried using the sim again yet because I am typing this. I'll let you know once I try it again.

I must of not connected everything in order. Once I got pasted the activation process on the go app all is well now.

Congrats , I read a recent article were you can fly on the chicago park district property with rules though. I probably be out this weekend , since it's suppose to be in the 30s

Reactions: Volitant_Soul
I almost always take off and land manually, but I have done hand catch landings and if done properly there is no problem with it.. I bring it to a hover a foot over my head and reach up and firmly grasp a landing skid, then hold it there while holding left stick down for 3 seconds.. motors off, done

Ok, it's my second night going over the p3p and I would like to install the latest firmware for the phantom and rc.

My current fw:

Go app is 2.4.3

P3P is 1.3.20+

RC is 1.3.20

Do I need to have a different fw installed on both the rc and phantom or can I jump to 1.6? And where do I find the latest fw for the rc and how do I install that? What is the proper procedure to install everything, do I update the rc first and then the phantom?

Follow these instructions. There are no drivers to install.

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. I've read your instructions and I don't recall it stating if I should install the rc fw first and then the ac. Does it even matter which one I do first? And what is this software or driver I see... Inspire 1/ Phantom 3/ X5 LOG mode Transcoding Tool v1.0.0?

You should follow the instructions exactly. Start at step #1.

You should follow the instructions exactly. Start at step #1.

Oops I updated the RC fw first is that going to mess anything up? I turned it off after the update because the go app indicated to do so. I powered the rc and go app back on and powered the phantom and I have video, so does that mean it was successful?

You mention in line 28) To verify the firmware installed successfully, open the TXT file that was created on your memory card and verify that the last line of the TXT file includes "success". The "Overall Status" in the DJI GO app should display a "Normal" status.

How do I open up the TXT file on my phone?

Sorry if I'm asking the same questions others have asked for over and over again. I have a hard time compiling everything I've read before I even got possession of the P3P. The fw update on the rc looks like it went well. After rebooting the go app I saw another message that said to upgrade firmware and it says I need to update the camera too. How do I do that?

Sorry if I'm asking the same questions others have asked for over and over again. I have a hard time compiling everything I've read before I even got possession of the P3P. The fw update on the rc looks like it went well. After rebooting the go app I saw another message that said to upgrade firmware and it says I need to update the camera too. How do I do that?

Nice video that's easy to understand for a dummy like me. I updated the fw on the rc through the go app, is that ok? My current fw shows 1.5.7 and it connects to the phantom great. Is there a way for me to confirm the TXT file even though I did it through the app?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie