GoPro revives the Karma drone

Reaction score
Karma, the recalled GoPro drone that got pulled in October when it started falling from skies, is back in the skies.

(read more...)

Good luck with that.. If they can't design a proper battery latch the first time, what else might be wrong?!

I've already finalized my divorce from the Karma ... done .... done and done. Mavic is a keeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So let me ask this.... if the battery latch was bad and the battery disconnected during flight, then why are there videos showing it flipping mid-air showing a dead propeller in the shot as it plummets downward? What powered the camera while this was happening?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Might be that different contacts on the battery powered different sections of it? Battery is coming loose, first to lose power is one side's motors, inducing a flip?

Also might be a spin on what really was the problem? At this point they should be selling this for $299 just to get it in the air.....

Competition will be good. I really hope another company makes good drones, I'm not into this whole love of China thing to be honest. All I read anymore is people making excuses for their 2-3 week new year break, WTF is that all about? Hire people to work on the holidays ffs.

It appeared competition was good for a few moments until 3D robotics dropped out and GoPro literally dropped out, now lets see what's next.....

Competition will be good. I really hope another company makes good drones, I'm not into this whole love of China thing to be honest. ffs.

Nobody makes a product in the US that is even close. I'm cool with folks buying Karma's though.. good luck with them.

So let me ask this.... if the battery latch was bad and the battery disconnected during flight, then why are there videos showing it flipping mid-air showing a dead propeller in the shot as it plummets downward? What powered the camera while this was happening?

The camera can be detached from the drone, and has its own battery.

Competition will be good. I really hope another company makes good drones, I'm not into this whole love of China thing to be honest. All I read anymore is people making excuses for their 2-3 week new year break, WTF is that all about? Hire people to work on the holidays ffs.
Unless Gopro have completely revised it, Karma won't be competing with anything. Reviews first time around were really, really bad.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

that also may have to do with the frame rate creating an illusion

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

most of the videos I have seen show them accelerating into the ground. I can only imagine what the feels like to watch

Unless Gopro have completely revised it, Karma won't be competing with anything. Reviews first time around were really, really bad.
Here's a good review of the revived karma:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't the cameras have their own battery? In the P2 my GoPro was powered by the drone battery, but it still had its own battery, too.

When folks start flying them we will get an idea on where they are.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31