GoPro Karma Release

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey all! The Go Pro Karma was unveiled today at gopro.com. Let's keep this as the official thread for the unveiling so we don't end up with a dozen different discussions.

If you didn't catch it then you can learn all about it here - http://shop.gopro.com/karma.

To go deeper on the Karma, join our forum at GoPro Karma Drone Forum.

Thanks!

Cassidy

It's been a long wait! Lets hope they give us an amazing UAV!

Karma needs to be something REALLY special, DJI haven't been shy in letting people know Mavic is ready & waiting

personally I think GoPro have left it too late & are stupid for taking on DJI, but what do i know

Reactions: skiptv
The live stream is now up here. There's nothing going on yet though.

Good luck Karma! even if I use DJI drones (which I am very satisfied) I am pleased to welcome the appearance on the market of a better (I hope :) ) of "flying cameras". The competition always led to progress and we, the customers, are the ones to benefit!

Anyone know what the price point is expected at?

Wonder if the Karma is gonna be so awesome that it'll make me wanna sell my P3P.....:p

Last edited:
I'm sure we'll know within the next hour. Watch it live with us in 12 minutes ;)

and when everyone's comfortable along will come the Mavic and the Inspire 2 lol

I haven't been keeping updated, but rather now just started on studying for the new FAA tests. Are there any articles and/or specs on this new UAV drone from GoPro?

I'm at work and I'm just seeing a black screen. Might be blocked on our network.

Any updates?

$799 + GoPro cost

Reactions: Christo87
I dunno.

Some of their press video images of both the Hero 5 Black and Session seem awfully pixelated, especially sky shots. Could be the upload to their GoPro Plus server account after taking and no editing or compression.

Whoa! They toss in a DJI Osmo copy plus the Karma drone for $799, and add the Hero 5 Black for $1099 or the smaller Session camera for $999. DJI take notice.

Their controller looks interesting as it has a screen on it too. Might not be as hackable as the DJI RC though.

Nice they put the camera and gimble ahead of the props so no more prop shadows. Their music library in their editor must be royalty free too.

Should be interesting to see what DJI counters with. Has to be a better camera or something.

Last edited:
Small, portable, easy to fly (so it appears) at a decent price. Definitely a great option for current gopro enthusiasts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.