GoPro Hero Plus Mount

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm very new to this and honestly just about everything I've read in this forum is well past my knowledge base. I'm looking for help on a mounting system for a simple GoPro Hero Plus mount for my son's new Phantom 2 quad. So far everything I've searched for is tied to a Hero 3 or 4. I'm not looking for a mount for fpv, however nice that may be, I just don't have another $500 to drop on a gimbal and a new Hero 4.

Thanks

Hey All,

I'm very new to this and honestly just about everything I've read in this forum is well past my knowledge base. I'm looking for help on a mounting system for a simple GoPro Hero Plus mount for my son's new Phantom 2 quad. So far everything I've searched for is tied to a Hero 3 or 4. I'm not looking for a mount for fpv, however nice that may be, I just don't have another $500 to drop on a gimbal and a new Hero 4.

Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum. You are going though what I did 6 months ago. no one makes a bracket for the first Go Pro's. If you can post a few pictures of what you have I maybe help you along. As for new gimbal & Hero. I would just get a Phantom 3 with a camera. you will find it's just as good as a go pro. You wont have the ability to use it by it's self but it sounds like your not.

Hey All,

Thanks

The plug n play gimbal for P2 is zenmuse H4-3D which is compatible with GoPro 3, GoPro 3+ and Hero 4 and it doesn't matter whether it white, silver or black they all fit.
DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145 B&H

There are also Chinese aftermarket which are cheaper in more ways than one. They are not considered plug n play gimbals and assembly instructions are poorly written in most cases.

The plug n play gimbal for P2 is zenmuse H4-3D which is compatible with GoPro 3, GoPro 3+ and Hero 4 and it doesn't matter whether it white, silver or black they all fit.
DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145 B&H

There are also Chinese aftermarket which are cheaper in more ways than one. They are not considered plug n play gimbals and assembly instructions are poorly written in most cases.
The biggest thing is balance with the gimbal. I removed the plug in with the gopro seats in on the gimbal 2 screws. It has a ribbon cable I just removed the plug and ribbon. The size is the same it's just the older ones are thicker. once you get the connection plug removed you should be able to fit it in the gimbal. I got two longer screws to hold the front bracket in place over the go pro. the older go pros weight a little more. The gimbal will start jerking because it's not balanced. I was using some lead placing it on the back of the gimbal. You'll need to balance it from front to back and from left to right.

The biggest thing is balance with the gimbal. I removed the plug in with the gopro seats in on the gimbal 2 screws. It has a ribbon cable I just removed the plug and ribbon. The size is the same it's just the older ones are thicker. once you get the connection plug removed you should be able to fit it in the gimbal. I got two longer screws to hold the front bracket in place over the go pro. the older go pros weight a little more. The gimbal will start jerking because it's not balanced. I was using some lead placing it on the back of the gimbal. You'll need to balance it from front to back and from left to right.

If you are referring to the 30 pin connector vs USB connector/ribbon so you can plug in the GP camera that really is not necessary. In 2 years I have had a H3-3D with the USB/ribbon cable I have never broken one and I am always removing the USB to either remove the SD card or the camera. That is not to say i haven't used a 30 pin connector because the H3-2D gimbal used one and it was convenient

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are going though what I did 6 months ago. no one makes a bracket for the first Go Pro's. If you can post a few pictures of what you have I maybe help you along. As for new gimbal & Hero. I would just get a Phantom 3 with a camera. you will find it's just as good as a go pro. You wont have the ability to use it by it's self but it sounds like your not.
Sorry, I meant to reply, but couldn't find the original thread or reply. Anyway. It's my 12 year old's Phantom 2 drone. Stripped drone nothing else. He has a Hero 1 and wants to get video from the drone. I don't even care if it's a fixed mount. Thoughts.

Sorry, I meant to reply, but couldn't find the original thread or reply. Anyway. It's my 12 year old's Phantom 2 drone. Stripped drone nothing else. He has a Hero 1 and wants to get video from the drone. I don't even care if it's a fixed mount. Thoughts.
When you say video for your son are you meaning FPV or just record video.

Just to record video at this point. Line of sight flying right now. He's only 12. Do you have any suggestions for a Hero 1 fixed mount or even a gimbal that's compatible?

In the past I had mounted a run cam ($60). To a plate use some if the rubber dampers as to help with the jello. Worked pretty good.

That's what I'm having trouble finding. I need the mounting plate for the Phantom 2 to allows me to mount the hero to. I don't even care if I zip tie it.

That's what I'm having trouble finding. I need the mounting plate for the Phantom 2 to allows me to mount the hero to. I don't even care if I zip tie it.
I used two pieces of heavy plastic cut to the size and drilled the holes for screws and rubber dampers.

Does it need tilt? If not, just a piece of plastic across the bottom legs and mount the Gopro on the plastic board.

GoPro does sell adhesive mounts that will work in its water proof case or a skeleton mount for the camera. You will have to go into capture settings and change the camera from up to down or flip the video upright in post. But for youngest of 12 I'd put the camera in the water proof case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20