Gopro hero 3 fpv?

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 vision without the camera. Could I link my gopro through the micro hdmi and plug directly into the iOSD mini's micro usb for fpv through my fat shark transmitter and Black Pearl Receiver?
Thanks in advance.
Shaun

There is a mod that allows you to connect (in my case a Hero 4 Silver) into the original camera wiring. This way you can view FPV through the DJI Go app. Message me if you need schematics. I should still have them somewhere.

All credit goes to the smart fellows at RCGroups who figured all this out.
I can tell you I DID have it working using a HD-3D Gimbal and a Hero 4 Silver. I had normal picture in the DJI Go app with no lag and I could even control the gimbal using the pitch wheel on the RC. In fact my profile pic is me turning the Hero 4 onto record while connected to my Vision+
Be aware you won't be using HDMI output from the GoPro but rather you need Composite Video out. This is what will feed the Phantom electronics. Research online and you will find some Video Out cables to do what you need.
The only shortcoming was I had to start the camera first and hit record on the camera before I took off. DON'T use WiFi to control your GoPro as this will cause interference to the Phantom RC.

Best of luck!! Let me know how you get on :)

Attachments

• dji-phantom2-vision-plus-wifi-module-connection-diagram-ver1.jpg
    dji-phantom2-vision-plus-wifi-module-connection-diagram-ver1.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 1,486
  • gimbal wire.jpg
    gimbal wire.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 1,148
  • P2V wiring (Confirmed).png
    P2V wiring (Confirmed).png