Gopro hero 3 black- what extras should I get?

Reaction score
Very new to this-are there obvious add-ons i should be considering? I just want to get a camera on my P2 and start filming. I'll be getting a FPV setup eventually, but that's down the road a bit. I'm just really anxious to see what this thing can do!

Thanks in advance!

That depends on what you plan on using the GoPro for. If you are only going to be using it on the Phantom, don't waste any money on accessories because you won't use them. I have pretty much all the GoPro Hero3 mounts/accessories, but my GoPro almost never leaves my Phantom 2. However, I would recommend getting something like This just in case. You will be happy you did, because at some point in the future, you will have a use for at least one of those pieces.

If you haven't yet bought a GoPro I'd seriously consider buying something else. These things are WAY overpriced imho.

My personal choice for a second camera to add to my FC40 for higher quality video (1080 vs. 720) would most likely be the Mobius Action Cam.

Start here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmIyD1fM4M[/youtube]

If you are using a gimbal to help get stable footage, then you can't really add any accessories to the camera because it will throw off the balance of the gimbal. I bought some filters for my gopro thinking it would improve the aerial footage, but then I realized they are too much for the gimbal......ugh....there is a small clear protective lens you can put over the go pro 3 but again, it can interfere with the balance of the gimbal.

CouesWhitetail said:
If you are using a gimbal to help get stable footage, then you can't really add any accessories to the camera because it will throw off the balance of the gimbal. I bought some filters for my gopro thinking it would improve the aerial footage, but then I realized they are too much for the gimbal......ugh....there is a small clear protective lens you can put over the go pro 3 but again, it can interfere with the balance of the gimbal.
Ha...glad I'm not the only one that bought the Snake River filter adapter, only to find the Zen would go "sleepy time" when I put an ND filter on there.
As for extra's for the GP 3 Black-you need nothing. Just buy a PNY 32gb class 10 micro-SD card, and you're good to go. The Zenmouse Gimbal will charge/power the camera. One very important thing.....TURN OFF THE WI-FI!!!!
It will interfere with your remotes ability to control the aircraft, and bad things will happen.

Where did you find a Go Pro Hero Black??? Is it new or used? How much?
The basic kit, comes with the little key chain remote(which uses Wi-Fi...put it back in the box and forget about it-at least that way you won't lose it), plastic water proof case, and a few sticky mounts.

But-most of us just leave our GP's on the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj